What happened to all the tv channels?

waytoodeep03

Like Vegas, its hard for them to make revenue while one is in their room watching TV. That being said, we watch zero TV while on a cruise. Some folks were ticked the LSU game last week wasn't even on in the sports bar. They were showing MLB and tennis Sun pm...

"Like Vegas, its hard for them to make revenue while one is in their room watching TV"

Vegas has TV's with local channels, what's your point. I really don't think Carnival cares about guests watching TV, There is no lost revenue, if so minimal at best.

I would like to know as well as is this across the board -not just carnival? other big lines as well? While we all understand that most do not care if they ever turn on the TV during the cruise, there are some that feel it diminishes the trip by not being able to stay up to date on news, current events via a few major networks-do not need HBO and premium stations just a few local media outlets. Again, for some this is a major letdown at the end of a long day not to veg and catch up.

I think the opportunity should be there for those who want it and for those that cannot understand why any person would need or want to watch TV on a fab cruise, well they have the option of never turning on the TV in their stateroom.

I cruised last Dec for xmas and could only get CNN Internation:)al. Someone above mentioned CNN, but I couldnt even get regular CNN.

I like the news, and rcl carries or used to carry fox and carnival cnn. but now i couldnt even get that on my last carnival cruise.