Booked on Bellissima looking for a nice hotel in Genoa!

cparker01

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Savoia. Small but clean rooms. Fabulous roof-top deck with view of the port (walkable depending on luggage but a quick cab ride as well). Right across from train station. Great bathtubs. A classically, beautiful lobby

Nice family-friendly and affordable restaurant (we ate there twice) right next door.

Remarkably, we got a good deal via the site where you don’t know the hotel until you confirm and pay. $131 all-in for mid-October booking.

We love Meraviglia so much we booked Bellissima for the same itinerary but this time we are embarking from Marseille rather than Genoa.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! I actually have a reservation at the sister hotel next door. I'll pay at the hotel. I'm going to keep for now but still looking. This is for May and the Grand Hotel Savoia is around 550 USD for two nights. You got a great deal! I really want to stay there may switch. love the pictures of the rooms. We are staying in the YC on the ship and really don't want to get off and stay in anything less than. Not that I'm a princess it's just a trip in a lifetime and want to do it up!

yup, we tried Yacht Club on Meraviglia. It cost us a few hundred dollars more on Bellissima. Two years later and I suspect demand is up but we loved YC. Oct 19, 2019 can’t come fast enough.

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Savoia. Small but clean rooms. Fabulous roof-top deck with view of the port (walkable depending on luggage but a quick cab ride as well). Right across from train station. Great bathtubs. A classically, beautiful lobby

Nice family-friendly and affordable restaurant (we ate there twice) right next door.

Remarkably, we got a good deal via the site where you don’t know the hotel until you confirm and pay. $131 all-in for mid-October booking.

We love Meraviglia so much we booked Bellissima for the same itinerary but this time we are embarking from Marseille rather than Genoa.

Good luck!

We stayed at that hotel as well. Booked through a site that is «*expediant*», and thus got a free upgrade offered to that site’s members, plus a bottle of prosecco and city view. We did not book the cheapest room, such that the upgrade landed us in a suite that was really big for 2 people.

Looking at the Bristol for November 2019, as it is square in the middle of the shopping and restaurants a bit the the East of the terminal, also close to another rail station.

Good luck!

I stayed in the Grand Savoia in an Executive double cost on a deal (€199 = ~$220) for two for one night. in March

it is close to the old picturesque part of the city

the room was excellent , large and had access to the spa.

P1050834.jpg

P1050835.jpg

P1050836.jpg

\where the hotel is

genoa.jpg

PETE

the best hotel in genoa is the Melia hotel and it's not the most expensive

in addition to the savoia i would suggest the Bristol being on the main street ( via XX Settembre)

a further hotel in the city centre is the best western city hotel

or the NH Marina which is located next to the maritime museum and the acquarius

We are looking for a nice hotel to stay in for 2 nights in Genoa. Any recommendations for a family with kids in a great location?

You first need to choose if you want to stay close to the port (Railway station Principe) or close to the town center (Railway station Brignole). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

As usual in Italy, not too much international hotel chains, so the prices are not cheap. We stayed a couple of times in places from 50 to 120 Euros, if you tell me your budget and preferred location I can recommend something.

I stayed in the Grand Savoia in an Executive double cost on a deal (€199 = ~$220) for two for one night. in March

it is close to the old picturesque part of the city

the room was excellent , large and had access to the spa.

P1050834.jpg

P1050835.jpg

P1050836.jpg

\where the hotel is

genoa.jpg

PETE

Thanks for the pics! Love the map that shows where the port is, thanks! Looks like Grand Savoia is very close to the port and train station. Is it near any shops and restaurants? Do you know how far it is from the aquarium and maritime museum? Basically walking distance, I have a 9 and 11 yr old in tow.

You first need to choose if you want to stay close to the port (Railway station Principe) or close to the town center (Railway station Brignole). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

As usual in Italy, not too much international hotel chains, so the prices are not cheap. We stayed a couple of times in places from 50 to 120 Euros, if you tell me your budget and preferred location I can recommend something.

We fly out of Genoa and will only be there for two nights. As of now I'm pretty sure we will go to the aquarium and hopefully to the maritime museum. I don't plan to use the train station, unless it is a way to get the airport. I do want to stay where there is activity and a variety of restaurants. We will be traveling with a 9 and 11 yr old so don't want to walk to far for their sake!

Actually when talking about the two stations Principe and Brignole, it is not about using the trains, it is about the two main areas for tourists there :cool:

According to what you write I would recommend you to choose Principe. Museum and Aquarium close, lot´s of restaurants.

the best hotel in genoa is the Melia hotel and it's not the most expensive

in addition to the savoia i would suggest the Bristol being on the main street ( via XX Settembre)

a further hotel in the city centre is the best western city hotel

or the NH Marina which is located next to the maritime museum and the acquarius

I agree. I stayed in Genoa frequently on business and always tried for the NH Marina. So handy for walking around. Taxi is €24 from the airport, and so easy for the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums