Shuttle for 10 from Ft Myers airport to Miami port

oufpat

In researching my April 2019 cruise from Miami, I've found that airfare to Ft Myers is much less expensive, then to Miami or FtLauderdale. Anyone know of a shuttle service out of Ft Myers airport, or would we be better off renting a large van or 2 cars?

Normally, a large van is very expensive to rent. It would be easier to rent two minivans or two SUV’s to accommodate your group. If you are driving from Ft Myers on departure day make sure you get an early start. The trip from Ft Myers to the Port Of Miami is approximately two and a half hours using Interstate 75. If renting from Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar or Thifty you would drop off the rental vehicles at the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center and then hop on the free shuttle for transportation to the Port Of Miami. If you rent from Hertz, Avis, or Budget you would return the rental vehicles to the downtown Miami locations that are relatively close to the Port Of Miami.

You want to fly in the day of the cruise to then do a 2.5-3hr drive that if there is one accident could easily be 4-hours?

If you fly into RSW you must fly in the day before.

There are not shuttle services that I am aware of. You would likely need to rent a van or two smaller vans. Not sure what the savings would be of course.

But its not like Ft. Myers to Miami is a 90-min drive. There are also only two roads in and out of the area, so a major accident causes massive delays.