I need help please!

Ned11

I’m either looking at Celebrity Constellation 9 nights Italy and Dalmatian Coast or RCI Rhapsody 7 nights Greek Isles. Very similar in price. Aft balcony on Rhapsody to a forward balcony on Constellation. I know Constellation is a bigger ship to Rhapsody but really like RCI. Going with my Mum and Dad in their late 70’s where as I am 38 so do need something to occupy my mind.

I’m so torn, please help. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Ned,

Just answered you over on the Celebrity board. The cabin choices make this a tough choice. I am a huge fan of aft balconies. You might want to read ship reviews to get a better idea of the condition of both ships. I will say that I enjoyed the Constellation when I sailed on her. I have not been to the Greek Isles, but I would take 9 days over 7 and the Dalmation Coast is beautiful. As I stated in my other reply, this was probably our favorite vacation.

Hi Ned,

Just answered you over on the Celebrity board. The cabin choices make this a tough choice. I am a huge fan of aft balconies. You might want to read ship reviews to get a better idea of the condition of both ships. I will say that I enjoyed the Constellation when I sailed on her. I have not been to the Greek Isles, but I would take 9 days over 7 and the Dalmation Coast is beautiful. As I stated in my other reply, this was probably our favorite vacation.

Yes, just read that and thank you. Because I’ve sailed on the ‘bigger’ ships, I don’t want to feel that there isn’t much to do on Rhapsody though I don’t want to feel too young for Constellation, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jewel of the Seas is doing some nice Greek Isle cruises next year. 7 and 9 day itineraries.

I have seen those but far too expensive for a balcony.

Yes, just read that and thank you. Because I’ve sailed on the ‘bigger’ ships, I don’t want to feel that there isn’t much to do on Rhapsody though I don’t want to feel too young for Constellation, if that makes sense.

Just a quick reply regarding ages in the two lines, while Celebrity does have a reputation for older passengers they are working hard at attracting a younger demographic and I think it is working. While the passengers tend to be older than Royal, you would not be out of place at your age.

I have seen those but far too expensive for a balcony.

Shop around with some different TA’s. There is group space on several of those cruises where balconies are over $1000pp less than website pricing.

What date were you looking at.

Shop around with some different TA’s. There is group space on several of those cruises where balconies are over $1000pp less than website pricing.

What date were you looking at.

I’m looking at the 8th June sailing from Venice with Rhapsody. We don’t get the greatest of perks that you do in the States so there isn’t much of a difference in price from the website.

The "Connie" is our favorite ship and we have sailed her 4 times. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line but we also like Royal. I would choose the longer cruise as Bob posted if all things price wise are more or less equal. There is a large variety of ages on all cruises we have been on with Celebrity and with Royal so I really can't see that as an issue for you. Both lines have their good/better/best features. Food on Celebrity is far superior as is the cleanliness of their ships, in my opinion. Entertainment is superior on Royal. No matter your choice, have a wonderful cruise.

The "Connie" is our favorite ship and we have sailed her 4 times. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line but we also like Royal. I would choose the longer cruise as Bob posted if all things price wise are more or less equal. There is a large variety of ages on all cruises we have been on with Celebrity and with Royal so I really can't see that as an issue for you. Both lines have their good/better/best features. Food on Celebrity is far superior as is the cleanliness of their ships, in my opinion. Entertainment is superior on Royal. No matter your choice, have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you. I’ve heard that the food is better but the entertainment isn’t quite as good. I would prefer the 9 nights but just want to feel bored.

The only other thing is my parents get the all inclusive package but I don’t as I’m in an inside. My Mum doesn’t drink alcohol. The deal with RCI is means I would get all inclusive being in an inside.