Hub App Question for large group

scubamommy!

I am cruising with 24 friends. We are getting the chat option for the Hub App. I have read the website and these threads about questions regarding the app but have not found an answer to my question. I understand it is slow and often drops messages. I get it. I'm sure it will help just a little in keeping us all in the know. Whats to loose for 5 bucks, right!

Can you tell me if we will all need each others phone numbers to connect, or do you go by cabin numbers, or just name? How do you send a message to someone else on the hub. I have read that you can even message other guests ( not traveling with you) on the ship. How doe sthis work?

I am putting together a booklet for all my guests with introductions and cabin numbers, I didn't know if I needed to get everyone phones numbers on this list or not.

Also, I read where it can show you what others in your group have favorited ( or want to do), does this app also let others know where you are on the ship?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

The app is well worth the $5 cost for the week. But keep in mind that there are dead spots on the ship where signals deteriorate. Also, distance between devices can impede reception. Trying to communicate say, all the way down on deck one to deck 9, for instance, may be difficult. It can be frustrating at times but be patient. Well worth the $5.

Each device that is registered is assigned an ID number. You can exchange your number with anyone on the ship. With these numbers you will set up contacts just as you would with phone contacts. Remember you must download the App to your device beforehand. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also just search for their name and add them to your chats on The Hub App. That's what we do with friends we cruise with. Nothing needs to be connected and you don't need to know any numbers. Just their name. You search for their name, and add them.

When the app was first introduced, it used a numeric chat ID for each guest. It has since been modified to use names. As others have mentioned, if your reservations are linked, all of the linked members will show up. You need to invite and and the invitee needs to accept the invitation to be able to chat with each other. You can send a message to either a single individual or to multiple individuals. Haven't cruised for several months, so things may have changed since I last sailed.

I was on the Magic with 22 people and I think it's worth the money. We were able to keep in touch with each other. It's not perfect and can be glitchy. Messages can be lost but most of the time it worked as expected. You can also create group chats and message multiple people at once. It's a good way to meet up with each other

To add someone they must pay the $5 chat fee and then you can just type their name in the search. Then you can add that person as a friend.

You can chat with anyone on the ship as long as they have the app and paid the fee. I even set it up where my messages would come through my smart watch.

Edited by Treyatl2006