Paying for rentals and drinks inside the cruise port.

iriecruising

Our next cruise takes us to Amber Cove and Grand Turk. I was wondering when you are in these ports can you use your Ship Card to pay for things like the zipline at Amber Cove or renting a snorkel and mask in Grand Turk or a pool float, umbrella etc. What about the Pool Bars at these ports. I imagine Margaritaville in Grand Turk would not take your cruise card but what about the pool bar at Amber Cove? Thanks in advance for any info.

Our next cruise takes us to Amber Cove and Grand Turk. I was wondering when you are in these ports can you use your Ship Card to pay for things like the zipline at Amber Cove or renting a snorkel and mask in Grand Turk or a pool float, umbrella etc. What about the Pool Bars at these ports. I imagine Margaritaville in Grand Turk would not take your cruise card but what about the pool bar at Amber Cove? Thanks in advance for any info.
Your ship card is for things on the ship (carnival). Everyone else is different. Itcwould be like trying to use your Hampton inn room key to pay for nachos at the baseball park. Take cash and/or credit card (preferably one with no foreign transaction fee AND not one tied to your onboard account). This way if it is lost/breached/stolen you can still carryon with your trip. Dont use your debit card. Period. US dollars are welcomed. Take small denominations and dont flash your stash around. Period. Take only what you will need of the ship. The rest on your room safe.

Your ship card is for things on the ship (carnival). Everyone else is different. Itcwould be like trying to use your Hampton inn room key to pay for nachos at the baseball park. Take cash and/or credit card (preferably one with no foreign transaction fee AND not one tied to your onboard account). This way if it is lost/breached/stolen you can still carryon with your trip. Dont use your debit card. Period. US dollars are welcomed. Take small denominations and dont flash your stash around. Period. Take only what you will need of the ship. The rest on your room safe.

Thanks for the info. When I did princess many years ago everything you did at Princess Cay you could pay for with your sail and sign card. When we went to Roatan with Carnival we rented everything ahead of time at the excursion desk. So we were just able to pick up our floats etc and then someone took us to the clamshell we rented. Each place is different so I wondered what to expect at GT and AC. I usually have cash and a credit card with me anyway but wondered how it worked there in GT and AC. By the way....The tip on using a different card than the one attached to your sail and sign is great advice. I never thought about that!!