Getaway Entertainment

Smileonboard

Hi All- I am new to the boards - so much great information to find here. I will be on the Getaway in November with my DH and DS 9 - I was wondering about the shows - are they all good for a 9 year old or should we plan to ship ( ha! ha!) him off to kids club for any- we were on the escape in June and he enjoyed after midnight but we went to see the brat pack without him.

Also, we loved the brewery on the escape - any venue compare on the getaway?

Thanks for any input you have :cool:

Million Dollar Quartet is phenomenal! Not sure if a nine year old would be bored. Maybe between now and then introduce him to oldies in the car, like Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins. Seriously, I did not think I was going to enjoy this show as much as I did. It was so good might book the GA just to see it again. No, the GA doesn’t have a brew house like the Escape unfortunately.

Thanks for the replies - very helpful- we are big broadway fans including my son so I think I will take him to million dollar quartet and cirque and go without him to burn the floor- when we were on the Escape he was brought on the stage at Choir Of Men

to be part of the show it was hysterical!

Thanks for the replies - very helpful- we are big broadway fans including my son so I think I will take him to million dollar quartet and cirque and go without him to burn the floor- when we were on the Escape he was brought on the stage at Choir Of Men

to be part of the show it was hysterical!

Wonderful! We are big Broadway fans, too. That's why my son loved both of these shows so much. Most Broadway fans enjoy lots of types of music and dance, so I'd hate to see you leave him out of Burn the Floor, but that's obviously your choice. Broadway fans love it.

Hi All- I am new to the boards - so much great information to find here. I will be on the Getaway in November with my DH and DS 9 - I was wondering about the shows - are they all good for a 9 year old or should we plan to ship ( ha! ha!) him off to kids club for any- we were on the escape in June and he enjoyed after midnight but we went to see the brat pack without him.

The shows are fine for a 9 year old, but IMO he would enjoy the kids club more than the shows.

I have seen the show at least four times on the Getaway and I am looking forward to having my two oldest grandkids see it next summer and I agree about where to sit. Also I hope your son will be on next summer playing Carl Perkins again he is very good.

If you do take him to MDQ, sit him up front to the left center so he can get a close look at the musicians and specifically Jerry Lee Lewis playing the piano and Carl Perkins on the guitar. Amazing! The show is only 1 and 1/2 hours-no intermission.

Howl at the moon is fun (earlier in the evening for youngsters). Video in this post :). We loved million dollar quarter too!! https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums