Cruise Cash

Donh44

Can someone explain to me exactly what Cruise Cash is? I see the term frequently and see others asking questions about it. I don't understand the concept. I have an upcoming cruise in Oct. I have almost $300 OBC and my credit card on file should I need to have to use it. What is the advantage of purchasing Cruise Cash? I am just curious as to what that advantage is.

The only reason I purchase "Cruise Cash" is to give myself some pre-paid OBC.

It is non-refundable, therefore if I know that my on board spending is going to be around $750, I'll buy $500 Cruise Cash.

However, the primary purpose for Cruise Cash is for non traveling friends or family to purchase this as a gift for those sailing.

Can someone explain to me exactly what Cruise Cash is? I see the term frequently and see others asking questions about it. I don't understand the concept. I have an upcoming cruise in Oct. I have almost $300 OBC and my credit card on file should I need to have to use it. What is the advantage of purchasing Cruise Cash? I am just curious as to what that advantage is.

I think the biggest advantages of Cruise Cash (CC) are:

-if you have no OBC, the CC will be there as soon as you board without having to apply a gift card

-it can be bought in $25 increments, so those making payments or giving it as a gift can make the smaller payment vs. $100 minimum for gift cards