Canada/ New England leaving from New York

Pizzaman2033

We stayed at the Hyatt House in Secaucus, right across the Hudson from the pier. Express bus stop right across from the hotel drops you right in Manhattan at the transit center. It was clean, roomy, reasonably priced, friendly and had a decent free breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, NJ. options to leave car there make it great for us - car service to and from the port included in my room fare. Excellent breakfast. when you sailing?

What Garden In ? I am not familiar with the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What Garden In ? I am not familiar with the area.

They are probably referring to the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park. This hotel is not a good recommendation for someone flying into EWR as the hotel is a long way from the airport and it will cost you a significant taxi fare to get there. The poster drove there and parked their car at the hotel, something you won't be doing.

What's your hotel budget and what type of bedding arrangement do you need? It would also be useful to know the exact date you need the hotel as rates can be very variable. Actually the recommendation of another poster to ask your question on the East Coast Departures board is good, as it will be seen by a number of people who are very familiar with area hotels.

Another native and current NYC resident here. Not sure about "Express bus stop right across from the hotel drops you right in Manhattan at the transit center." I have never heard of a transit center, , and never lived anywhere but NYC. Not sure what is being referenced as the transit center. ?????

Were staying at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan / Central Park. Just a few blocks from the port, and the cheapest in the area when we booked, but NYC is still very expensive.

Google says its 0.7 miles away.

Edited by ano

Another native and current NYC resident here. Not sure about "Express bus stop right across from the hotel drops you right in Manhattan at the transit center." I have never heard of a transit center, , and never lived anywhere but NYC. Not sure what is being referenced as the transit center. ?????

I suspect they mean the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

If you want to stay right by the port there is a Holiday Inn Express AND a Comfort Inn

1 block from the 48 street elevator entrance up to the main deck.

i have stayed @ the Comfort Inn which has free wifi & breakfast

I’m staying in the comfort inn in a few weeks - it was the cheapest in the area when I booked and walking distance to port. [emoji846]