Pre-Cruise Specialty Dining Packages

misterkevin

I'm embarking on the Equinox on 10/15 for an 8-day itinerary. I wanted to purchase a 4-night specialty dining package to sample a few different restaurants. I could have sworn I saw this option on the website for sale last week. As of today, only 5-night or greater packages are available. Are they even available? Should I call to book a 4 night package? Is there any advantage to wait until embarkation to book one?

If the 4 night package is no longer showing on the Cruise Planner that would indicate that package and the 3 night package have sold out.

The 3 & 4 packages are popular and lately have been selling out.

You can ask on the ship but on our recent Equinox cruise there were no packages available and after the first couple of nights reservations were hard to get- heard the MaitreD in a Murano telling 2 suite guests that the only time he had was at 9:45.

I'm embarking on the Equinox on 10/15 for an 8-day itinerary. I wanted to purchase a 4-night specialty dining package to sample a few different restaurants. I could have sworn I saw this option on the website for sale last week. As of today, only 5-night or greater packages are available. Are they even available? Should I call to book a 4 night package? Is there any advantage to wait until embarkation to book one?

My understanding is that when they remove the options for the fewer nights pre-purchased deals it is because they sold out their quota for that deal. I also don't think they sell multiple night deals on board. They do however, offer discounts on a day by day basis for Specialty restaurants that have openings that evening. If you stop by the buffet area each morning I think that is where they hawk them.

Is it cheaper to purchase dining packages pre cruise or on the ship?

Pre cruise packages are at a discount of 30%+/-. We have done 4 cruises this year and with 1 exception back in Feb we haven’t gotten more than 30% and that was 1 night on a long (15 night) cruise. On shorter cruises, in my experience, the speciality restaurants are more heavily booked.

Thanks for all of this great info. The reason I thought you could purchase a dining package on board was that another recent cruiser on the Equinox posted that he purchased a 9 night package.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2671303&share_tid=2671303&share_fid=24703&share_type=t

Whether they only sell the available packages or single nights remains to be seen. I'm quite happy with Blu in general, but wouldn't mind trying Murano and a couple other specialties.