December cruise

robindina

on the last night of the cruise on freedom, same class, last dec they had some event with really cute santa claus hats. I really wanted one too, but some guy came over and snatched it out of my hand and said his wife wanted one.

,.... he was bigger than me. but they were sure cute to wear.

I dont even exactly remember what the event was about lol

Ive also seen them do a childrens program where they have candy and the kids groups do little skits. Im a adult and i enjoyed it. Santa comes in at the end and they pose for pictures with santa, but seeing the kids skits was worth going. each age group had its own thing, like one age group all had antlers they were wearing. so cute. Each age group was wearing something to set them apart. I loved seeing them.

december is great for special xmas programs. look in the afternoon on your program. just go

Are these holiday-oriented events just right at the holidays, or all during the month of December? We are sailing the 1st thru 8th this year - never cruised in December before.

We sailed 17-23 last year, there were lots of holiday events. I figure once the ship is decorated they probably start.

I would absolutely pack your ugly sweater.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Run a search for Christmas cruises and you will see several threads listing the activites. I believe they have also posted the dates for ship decorations. I have cruise the week before Christmas and the week of Christmas and had similar events each time - which the addition of the non-denominational staff lead service on Christmas Eve.

We cruised on Liberty last year, 3-day Bahamas, 30 Nov to 3 Dec. The ship was decorated in Christmas/holiday themes, but I don't honestly remember any specific holiday parties/events...Hmm, let me consult the Fun Times I still have from that cruise...

So according to the FunTimes, there was a tree lighting event on sailaway day. The next day there was Holiday themed stuff in the Flowers Lobby area in the afternoon and holiday arts & crafts in The Stage area (also afternoon). On the Third Day (gonna be a Showdown) there was a Holiday Show in the Venetian Theater in the afternoon.

So probably similar activities on any cruise in December.

Bonus points to anyone who gets my Third Day reference...

on the last night of the cruise on freedom, same class, last dec they had some event with really cute santa claus hats. I really wanted one too, but some guy came over and snatched it out of my hand and said his wife wanted one.

,.... he was bigger than me. but they were sure cute o

Did Carnival provide the hats? Or the people bring them from home?