Paid Upgrade & DSC

phoenix1181

I'm sorry. :o:o I know there are a lot of threads about the DSC but I haven't seen this covered & I'm trying to do the math for a paid upgrade.

We are currently booked in a balcony cabin & I want to upgrade to a suite. I have placed a bid on a couple but I'm trying to nail down the total cost if I just do a paid upgrade & pre-pay the DSC. NCL's website shows DSC amounts based on when a booking is made. (before or after 4/01/2018)

If I do a paid upgrade, which amount will I pay? Do they keep the original booking date or does it change to the upgrade date?

If you pay for and upgrade, it is considered a new booking, and you will pay whatever the DSC is now for the suite. If you win a bid nothing changes.

Thank you!

I wasn't sure & I want to put all the numbers together, not just the basic ones. I paid the DSC with my final payment but needed to know how much more it will be if I bite the bullet & do a paid upgrade instead of hoping my bid is accepted. Just looking at the difference in the passenger price doesn't give the whole picture.

Thank you!

I wasn't sure & I want to put all the numbers together, not just the basic ones. I paid the DSC with my final payment but needed to know how much more it will be if I bite the bullet & do a paid upgrade instead of hoping my bid is accepted. Just looking at the difference in the passenger price doesn't give the whole picture.

If you are past final payment you also have to factor in cancellation fee's. They will probably hit you with those even if you are re-booking to a higher category. I watch for price drops when I have something booked, but I stop looking once it get's to final payment due day.

If you are past final payment you also have to factor in cancellation fee's. They will probably hit you with those even if you are re-booking to a higher category. I watch for price drops when I have something booked, but I stop looking once it get's to final payment due day.

My TA has done this previously with no cancel fees involved. This is 14 days & the DSC is higher depending on when it was booked so I wasn't sure which way they go with that. The upgrade on our 7 day last year wasn't too bad but this one I may have to just cross my finger for my bid. Glad I have a cabin we'll be happy in....

NCL doesn't do that with an upgrade. It is not a cancellation. There will be no cancellation fees if you upgrade. I'm not sure where people come up with these ideas.

My TA has done this previously with no cancel fees involved. This is 14 days & the DSC is higher depending on when it was booked so I wasn't sure which way they go with that. The upgrade on our 7 day last year wasn't too bad but this one I may have to just cross my finger for my bid. Glad I have a cabin we'll be happy in....

You pay the DSC at the current rate if you upgrade. If you pay to upgrade you get current perks. If you bid and get an upgrade, nothing changes. If the extra couple of dollars a day makes a difference then you should probably not even consider upgrading.

You pay the DSC at the current rate if you upgrade. If you pay to upgrade you get current perks. If you bid and get an upgrade, nothing changes. If the extra couple of dollars a day makes a difference then you should probably not even consider upgrading.

I see statements like this regularly and I find them offensive. :mad::mad: When people ask a question like this, it doesn't mean they "should probably not even consider upgrading" It means they want to make an informed decision by using complete, accurate, information!

NCL doesn't do that with an upgrade. It is not a cancellation. There will be no cancellation fees if you upgrade. I'm not sure where people come up with these ideas.

Well that's pretty strange, because that is exactly what they did when I upgraded from a balcony to a suite earlier this year. Canceled the original booking, re-booked with a new reservation number into the suite.