Clothing Question?

IrishLassie

Has anyone (ladies) worn "dressy" (decorated, sequins, satin, etc.) jeans. that are now in style, in the dining rooms on the ships, or do they frown on them? :confused: I have several outfits that I think are appropriate, but not sure whether to take them on our cruise next month. Thanks for any info.

From the amount of cruises you've been on, I think you might be able to answer your own question.

Most cruiselines state 'no Jeans' in the diningroom after 5pm.

The cruiseline website should also provide you with the appropriate information.

To me a jean, is a jean, is a jean...no matter what color, or style.

Thats my opinion

Dave:eek:

Dave - are you in another (I would assume this happens often) fight with someone that's making you cranky or are you just plain miserable with life in general. I've seen you on other topics where you seem to have the same type of "attitude".

I see you are new to these boards. Perhaps you haven't realized yet that there are people from all walks of life with different ideas, thoughts, feelings, beliefs, but one thing I have found is that everyone is on this board because they love to have fun, they use this board as a way of "getting away" from it for a little bit, they enjoy communcating with people that are up and happy and excited, they love the fantasy world that cruising can put them in every once in a while and they all ask qeustions because they want to do "what's right". I don't think anyone wants to feel like they shouldn't post because they might be put down.

Fashions change, particularly womans. She asked a very innocent question.

Yes and No to answer your question.

I wasn't putting anyone down, I just figured that after almost ten cruises IrishLassie would kinda already known about the general 'jeans' rule.

As for "I've seen you on other topics where you seem to have the same type of "attitude".

I just see more and more people asking questions that are not so much looking for the answer , but to get an approval for doing something that is not in keeping with a cruiselines policies.

In looking at my answer, I don't think I said anything inapropriate. Nor did I say anything discouraging or to put the poster down. I referred her to the lines website for specific information, and gave my opinion that a jean is a jean no matter what color or how you dress it up.

There is nothing rude or out of place in my posting.

I may add that mens fashions change also, and it is still not acceptable for men as well to wear jeans in the diningroom.

I think you might possibly be looking to deeply into my simple response.

I 'm sorry if I offended you or the OP.:(

Dave:eek:

This is just my opinion - to me, jeans are jeans whether they have sequins or not - and should not be worn in the dining room.

Another vote for no jeans in the formal dining rooms at dinner.

And, Dave, I think your post was just fine and I agree with what you said.

I also agree that jeans are not appropriate for the diningroom.

As evident by another thread, Dave seems to have some "issues" and an attitude that is troublesome. I felt his comment of "with the amount of cruises you've been on I would think you might be able to answer your own question", was another example of his condescending attitude and basically saying "why would you ever post such a thing".

Typically, I am totally none confrontational, but I guess he's just making being on this board a little ummmmmmm "stressful" or less pleasant than normal.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I have been on several cruises, but not in the last year or so, & I wasn't sure whether they had changed any of the rules for the dining rooms. I did know that you were not to wear jeans after 5:00pm, but with all the new styles, wasn't sure if the ships had changed their policies. Sorry this caused such an uproar!!! I love getting dressed up & would be upset if someone came in after 5:00 in just plain jeans, but some of the outfits I've seen before are no better than the new dressy jeans!

Again, thanks everyone for answering my post.

I didn't think Dave's reply was inappropriate or rude.

Irish - Jeans are still jeans, spiffed up or not. Can't make silk out of a sow's ear, and jeans just don't belong in a formal dining atmosphere. I think you agree, and I realize you were simply asking a question.:)

I agree - fancy or not, jeans are still jeans.

(and I didn't see anything wrong with Dave's post)

I agree with the no jeans in the dining room. And...I didn't see anything wrong with Dave's post as well. We have to remember that written words lack the emotion that they sometimes need to be read with. I don't think any offense was intended on Dave's part...and didn't read into it by his post.

Archived