Required deposit when booking Suite onboard?

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

Looked at booking a future cruise today while onboard Equinox. Celebrity suite on Reflection in 2020. Was told the deposit would be $900 per person, $2700 for a booking with 3 people? Thought the onboard reduced deposit required was $900 per cabin. In a suite on this cruise and another booked for next year and the deposit when those were booked via phone was $1350. When I asked why I could book the same cruise online with a $1350 deposit the Future Cruises Manager advised I could do that but would later be called and told I needed to pay more deposit? I find that very hard to believe. Anyone have any insight?

We were told the same thing on board the Summit 3 weeks ago. We were looking at the same cabin (Celebrity Suite) we were in at the time. 1st the price went from $7100 this year to $9300 next year after the renovations, same week, same suite and same perks. He then told us the deposit would be $900/person or $1800 total.We thanked him and left. When I got home I found the same price (with Perks) on-line but the deposit is only $500 Total.

I never understood the care for the deposit amount. It is just a part of what will ultimately be paid. I care about two things, three really; price, perk and when is the final payment due as that is the point of no return.

Deposit is a concern for us as we need to save for the best cruise experience we can have and will pay over time. Agree with your three things but for us it is four :cool:

As far I know, the deposit is not really per person, but just half of the real deposit. One or three persons has to pay like two people. Not sure if this is the rules, or just some people use it.

I have always been quoted a total deposit for the cabin. However, recently the Future Cruise staff quoted us a per person deposit. It could have been to soften the blow of a $1800 deposit by quoting $900/person.

I do a dummy booking PS for Eclipse to Hawaii i noted this 1)Rate for 1st and 2nd passenger is full rate 3rd passenger is $1,299

and 2) the deposit is for the 3 pax in the USA is $1,350 and in X Mexico site is MXN$11,430 at current exchange is around $600

Interesting. We are sailing on the Summit in December and I'm already eyeing a cruise on the Summit for the same week in 2019. If I book it online, it says I would need to pay a total deposit of $750 for a CS (this is for 2 adults and a 12-year old). So, if I book this onboard, I will have to pay $2700?! I should probably just book it now.

Interesting. We are sailing on the Summit in December and I'm already eyeing a cruise on the Summit for the same week in 2019. If I book it online, it says I would need to pay a total deposit of $750 for a CS (this is for 2 adults and a 12-year old). So, if I book this onboard, I will have to pay $2700?! I should probably just book it now.

In the past I have booked a cabin on board (not a suite) with only one person. I only had to deposit $100. Celebrity rules might have changed. In the past you could add a 2nd or 3rd person later. Talk to the booking agent when booking on board.

You are correct, although I am not sure if the $900/pp applies to minors. The $2700 is refundable and if you can afford to tie up your money for a year, then it may be worth it if you can get a better deal or more OBC if you book onboard.

In the past I have booked a cabin on board (not a suite) with only one person. I only had to deposit $100. Celebrity rules might have changed. In the past you could add a 2nd or 3rd person later. Talk to the booking agent when booking on board.

Yes, the future cruise staff on board said the discounted deposits still applied to Sky Suites and below if you book onboard.

Another possible option. I just moved a Concierge class booking made onboard several months ago to a different date/ship and upgraded to Celebrity suite. Suite OBC amount was applied and when I asked if I needed to increase the deposit ($200) was told no.

Ooooh!! That would be good! I have to pay off the balance on our upcoming cruise this week, so I'll put down a deposit then for the December 2019 cruise and then shop it again when we get onboard to see what our best deal is. Thanks for the information!

Looked at booking a future cruise today while onboard Equinox. Celebrity suite on Reflection in 2020. Was told the deposit would be $900 per person, $2700 for a booking with 3 people? Thought the onboard reduced deposit required was $900 per cabin. In a suite on this cruise and another booked for next year and the deposit when those were booked via phone was $1350. When I asked why I could book the same cruise online with a $1350 deposit the Future Cruises Manager advised I could do that but would later be called and told I needed to pay more deposit? I find that very hard to believe. Anyone have any insight?

When we booked our CS for next April on board this past April we had to pay $900 per person deposit...SS and other non suite categories had much lower deposits.

Ooooh!! That would be good! I have to pay off the balance on our upcoming cruise this week, so I'll put down a deposit then for the December 2019 cruise and then shop it again when we get onboard to see what our best deal is. Thanks for the information!

Just for the record Celebrity is consistently inconsistent :cool: Having that said we have always been on the positive side of inconsistency. Happy cruising :cool:

I'm currently on Millennium and did a couple bookings yesterday. The first was for a Royal Suite for a Transatlantic. The deposit was $900pp or $1,800 but due to a promotion they offered a $300 OBC and Free Gratuities.

The second was a placeholder we plan to use once they release the 2020 cruises. The agent suggested we book a Sky Suite and the deposit was only $100 pp

As others have said Celebrity is inconsistent but this was what I just experienced.