Norwegian Air

steveweese

I would try a different subject title since Norwegian Air is an airline (one I use whenever I can since they are fantastic) and not connected to Norweigan Cruise Lines in any way. Sorry I can’t help with your question. I have never used NCL to book air flights since I prefer to make my own plans whenever possible.

Hey Steveweese......are you saying that NCL booked your flights with Norwegian Air? We are trying them for the first time on our upcoming Novemeber TA cruise. I have heard nothing but great things about this airline!!

We have always booked our own flights, never thru NCL.

Good Luck!! Happy Sailing!

Hey Steveweese......are you saying that NCL booked your flights with Norwegian Air? We are trying them for the first time on our upcoming Novemeber TA cruise. I have heard nothing but great things about this airline!!

We have always booked our own flights, never thru NCL.

Good Luck!! Happy Sailing!

Are you using them for your transatlantic flight? If yes, is that before or after your cruise?

The problem with Norwegian is that they are not a member of an alliance so if something happen with their flight you will not be transfered to another airline so you may have to wait for a few days to get to your destination.

I normally don't fly with low cost, no service airlines but I will try Norwegian for the first time in a few weeks. We will fly from Stockholm to Oslo so it't less than an hour in the air and there are lots of Norwegian flights on that route so I'm not worried.

I suspect OP meant via NCL since airline Norwegian Air Shuttle https://www.norwegian.com/ doesn't go there :)

I called NCL a few days ago about South America trips. At first said you had to have a resv. number to get info. I said the airfare was likely to be the determining factor whether I'd book the trip. So they said make the booking but be sure and click on booking air thru NCL then that would trigger air fare info to be supplied before finalising the reservation. I said I didn't want to do that and surely they could quote a typical $$ rate, so eventually they did, it was better than I could find online but again no info on airline/itinerary etc.

NCL needs to at least get like RCL/ =X= 's offering where you can look online at choices or even book flights without needing to call anyone.

NCL air is not as easy to use as RCL's AirtoSea. With RCL/Celebrity, you can see all the available options for dates, times, and airlines. Also, I wanted to stay an additional 2 weeks in Europe after my TA, and NCLair does not offer that option. AirtoSea does.

You can book a flight on AirtoSea online, but with NCL you need to call.

On the topic of Norwegian Airlines, I have flown them several times within Europe and once on a one-way from Krakow to Florida on a very nice Dreamliner. The entire experience was wonderful and so much less expensive than the other options. Even with adding the $90 fee for meals, checked baggage, reserved seats, etc., the flight was a great bargain.