Transatlantic Internet Pricing - Deals?

figs

Hi all!

DH and I will be doing our first transatlantic on Jewel in March - with all those sea days, we definitely want internet (and the soda package) for the whole trip. But the Soda + Voom package for both of us, for the whole trip...yeah, that’s $722!!!!!! Oof! Oddly enough, if we book individual Soda packages and a 2-device Voom package, it’s only $665? None of this makes sense! Help?

We don’t mind it so much on 7-dayer, but those prices are a bit high for us. Do they ever run any specials for the TA crowd?

Do you need a two device package. With the Two device package or by buying 2 soda and Voom packages each of you can log on at the same time. If you only buy a single device package then you can each log on just not at the same time. Doing the one device package would cut your cost in half.

It might be slightly too early to see them bother to price out sales for your sailing yet, but we just recently came off a sale where internet was widely discounted to $11.99/day and the soda package is normally around $8.50/day and in some cases appears to be increasing to $9.99 or $12.99/day. I've not seen the combo Soda + Voom package ever below $21 + gratuity/day.

Figure these numbers are near as low as you're likely to see it go, combo or individually. Basically maybe $3.50/day/person, before gratuity, under what you can apparently get today. Not a lot of room to see it get discounted much, I'm afraid.

I'd generally suggest you buy either part separately if you see the price down there in those ranges; if a combo offers comes up later you can always cancel and rebook at the better price. But if you miss a decent price it's gone unless it happens to get offered again before you sail.

What you have going for you is both Black Friday/Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years sales. But like I mentioned, it's only going to go down so much.

Thanks, folks - it’s one of those “I don’t mind the mark-up price when it’s only for 7 days, but gee, can’t they bring it down when we’re talking 14?” sort of things! I mean, $722 for soda and internet is actually what we’d pay for a YEAR’S worth at home! It’s gotta be pricey to host ship-internet..but it can’t be THAT bad, right? Oof!

Sadly, we want simultaneous internet hookup - we’re big balcony-sitters, reading the news, researching upcoming ports, downloading new books when we inevitably run out of the ones we’d brought, etc. I don’t even drink soda, but I adore the Coke Freestyle machine’s non-fizzy options - it’s all we drank last cruise!

Black Friday/Christmas/etc sales would be great! I didn’t even think about that possibility. I’m also wondering if we can get away with the Surf package, instead of surf-and-stream?

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to circle back and thank everyone! Bought our packages on the pre-Christmas deal right now, I think it came out to around $600 for two soda packages and two devices with Surf and Stream (and you were right, buying separately was the way to go). Oof, but way better than the original pricing! So many thanks!

• Like 1