Dubai help

Ditto, a little more information might help us point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, I'll link to an old review of mine from the Quantum repositioning that ended in Dubai (sorry but the photos probably don't work anymore - just skip to the end bit to see details of time in Dubai):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2260336

I was in Dubai at the very end of May and it was HOT, HOT, HOT! I spent a lot of time riding in the downstairs bit of the HOHO just to stay in air conditioning! The best thing I did in Dubai was the Fahidi Heritage Tour and the brunch at their centre see http://www.cultures.ae/

I could easily go back and spend more time in Dubai - I bet it has changed (and grown) a lot in the few years since I was there - but I would try and go back in a cooler month just so it would be a bit more comfortable to travel around.

If by any chance you are heading through Jordan on your cruise don't miss out on going to Petra - it's in the top 10 moments of my cruising experience (and another place I would go back to in a heartbeat!)

We also did the Fahidi Heritage tour when we did this cruise a few years ago on Splendour of the Seas. It was an excellent morning.

We split our pre cruise stay between the Arabian Courtyard Hotel which is ideal for this tour and then the Marriott Marquis.

It was a great contrast between the older part of the city and the new.

The Dubai cruise is fantastic, one of the best we have done you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello CC

Looking for any information on the Dubai cruise such as any reviews, pre hotel suggestions. Any information will be helpful with planning.

I’ve done the Dubai itinerary 4 times, and have it booked again for Jan 2020!. I guess you can say I like this part of the world.

Dubai is a fantastic ever changing place. Some of the best hotels in the world.

I’d recommend staying at JBR (Jumeriah beach residence) area where there are a lot of hotels, restaurants and shops. Check out the Sofitel.

Remember that you can only get alcohol in hotels or in restaurants linked to hotels.

The area around Dubai Mall is also good, and very lively. Look at the Old Palace Hotel.

I wouldn’t recommend staying on The Palm as you have to get a cab absolutely everywhere.

If these are a little out of budget then the Crown Plaza is a good base too.

The sky train is quick cheap and air conditioned so a good way of getting around. Cabs are plentiful and cheap. They even have pink cabs with lady cab drivers specifically for ladies.

Dubai is one of the safest cleanest places in the world.

Take a boat (abra) across the Creek and visit the gold souk and the spice markets to get a glimpse of old Dubai.

If you have time book afternoon tea at At.Mosphere which is in the Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa. It is about $150pp but I think a better experience than just going to the viewing platform. And you get champagne included!

Found one of my reviews - hope this helps

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=52290292

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

We've done the 7 night Dubai cruises twice (on Costa and MSC), the Suez canal ending in Dubai and Abu Dhabi on Celebrity and 2 land based holidays to Dubai. It is one of our favourite places.

In the winter months temps are perfect, usually around mid 20s, in summer it is scorching hot, in the desert we had temps of nearly 50 deg c!

Our preferred area to stay is around Jumeriah (Jumeriah beach hotel is our favourite), if you are only there one or two nights you might prefer the creek/old town area as its closer to most of the places you will want to visit. As already mentioned the Palm is quite isolated so you will waste a lot of time travelling. The traffic is usually pretty bad so you need to allow for that. I personally don't like the Dubai Marina area, again quite a distance from the city and very high rise/characterless.

Take lots of money, if you drink, alcohol is very expensive and there is a lot of (very good) shopping malls!

Have a look at the MSC board, I'm sure there were a couple of great reviews there last winter.

It's a fantastic city, safe, clean, modern with lots to see, and a great mix of western and local culture, enjoy.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...