Any reports on Royal's Beach excursions in St. Maarten recently?

MaiseyM

We are taking Harmony of the Seas in December w/3 teen boys. Two years ago, we toured with a private company in St. Maarten and hit one of the beaches. We loved the waves in the water b/c you could ride them into shore. This was pre-hurricane. I am now looking at our options this year, but I'm wondering about the few beaches that are in OK/good condition, post hurricane. Royal has a few shore excursions (Kim She, Bucaneer...) but I am wondering if the beaches are good for swimming. I went on the "Ports of Call" forum too, but I am wondering specifically about the excursions offered through Royal on this forum. Has anyone done the Royal Caribbean St. Maarten beach excursion recently and have any reports on the beaches?

We are taking Harmony of the Seas in December w/3 teen boys. Two years ago, we toured with a private company in St. Maarten and hit one of the beaches. We loved the waves in the water b/c you could ride them into shore. This was pre-hurricane. I am now looking at our options this year, but I'm wondering about the few beaches that are in OK/good condition, post hurricane. Royal has a few shore excursions (Kim She, Bucaneer...) but I am wondering if the beaches are good for swimming. I went on the "Ports of Call" forum too, but I am wondering specifically about the excursions offered through Royal on this forum. Has anyone done the Royal Caribbean St. Maarten beach excursion recently and have any reports on the beaches?

Did the Kim Sha beach tour at Simpson Bay during Easter week and it was in excellent condition. Not affected as many others. Also, took the AM beach tour and it comes with a lounger and wonderful lunch and a drink at the Green House (?). Umbrellas an add'l $5 each. Excursion was very popular as there were some 4 buses from RCL. That specific day during Easter week there were an add'l 3 cruise ships.

Currently on Oasis. We took a taxi to Orient Beach instead of doing anything through the ship. Orient was pretty devastated but the beach is beautiful. Bikini Beach bar/restaurant has completely rebuilt and is very nice but currently the only one on the beach unless you want to go to the end that is clothing optional which has a small bar open. Thinking with three teenage boys, you probably don’t ! ;)

There are jet skis and para sailing rentals available next to Bikini. Padded loungers and umbrellas. There is lots of building going on so thinking by December, there may be more available.

Sherri:)

Thank you. I have read about all different beaches and i am having trouble trying to remember which ones are in good or decent condition. I may consider orient as well. I always worry about getting back to the ship on time of we don’t use Royals excursion. Obviously I can leave super early to go back, but there are always those chances that something major could happen and hold you back. I would probably give a 3 hour timeframe to get back. Just in case. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. I have read about all different beaches and i am having trouble trying to remember which ones are in good or decent condition. I may consider orient as well. I always worry about getting back to the ship on time of we don’t use Royals excursion. Obviously I can leave super early to go back, but there are always those chances that something major could happen and hold you back. I would probably give a 3 hour timeframe to get back. Just in case. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We left by taxi at 230 pm and were on the ship by 305 pm. That includes buying a coverup at one of the port shops. On board was 430 pm.:D

Sherri:)