Wondering if Steak Tartare is still be served in the Elite lounge?

p010ne

Steak tartare

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search"Américain" redirects here. For other uses, see Americain (disambiguation).

"Tartare" redirects here. For the sauce, see Tartar sauce.

Steak tartare220px-Steak_tartar.jpgSteak tartare

CourseAppetizerMain ingredientsRaw beefVariationsTartare aller-retour

Part of a series onSteak209px-Ribeye-MCB-MaggieO.jpg

Main articles

[show]

Steak dishes[show]

Cuts[show]

Preparation[show]

Related topics[show]

Steak tartare is a meat dish made from raw ground meat (beef[1][2] or horsemeat[3]). It is usually served with onions, capers, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, often presented to the diner separately, to be added to taste. It is often served with a raw egg yolk, and often on rye bread.

The name tartare is sometimes generalized to other raw meat or fish dishes.

A less-common version in France is tartare aller-retour, a mound of mostly raw ground meat that is lightly seared on both sides.

Steak tartare

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search"Américain" redirects here. For other uses, see Americain (disambiguation).

"Tartare" redirects here. For the sauce, see Tartar sauce.

Steak tartare220px-Steak_tartar.jpgSteak tartare

CourseAppetizerMain ingredientsRaw beefVariationsTartare aller-retour

Part of a series onSteak209px-Ribeye-MCB-MaggieO.jpg

Main articles

[show]

Steak dishes[show]

Cuts[show]

Preparation[show]

Related topics[show]

Steak tartare is a meat dish made from raw ground meat (beef[1][2] or horsemeat[3]). It is usually served with onions, capers, pepper and Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, often presented to the diner separately, to be added to taste. It is often served with a raw egg yolk, and often on rye bread.

The name tartare is sometimes generalized to other raw meat or fish dishes.

A less-common version in France is tartare aller-retour, a mound of mostly raw ground meat that is lightly seared on both sides.

Guess I disagree with Wikipedia. I think most proper restaurants would disagree as well.

Steak Tartar is normally made by chopping.

You can also see that they changed the text, it used to read "chopped or minced" as they're using a definition of ground meat that also includes chopped meat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Guess I disagree with Wikipedia. I think most proper restaurants would disagree as well.

Steak Tartar is normally made by chopping.

You can also see that they changed the text, it used to read "chopped or minced" as they're using a definition of ground meat that also includes chopped meat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Maybe we should change their definition? Don't really know what improper restaurants would say?

Never saw it on the Island in July/August. In fact the card in the room just listed the days and times for the PES lounge but did not show the food offerings for each day which turned out to be very limited.

Love the steak Tartare but did not see it at all in the PES lounge on a 14 day Caribbean on the Grand about 18 months ago. In the upper Midwest it's normally made from ground/chopped/minced high quality beef fillet, not ground chuck/hamburger. A small piece of rye, some raw onion, little bit of Tartare then salt/pepper, it's not for everyone but it's one of my favorites.

Maybe we should change their definition? Don't really know what improper restaurants would say?

Yes, change their definition and include that it stems from the gourmet practice of those Mongol/Tartar warriors who subsisted on daily draining blood from their mounts and marinating meat under their saddles (for steak tartare)!

On the Sapphire Princess in late July and early August the Platinum-Elite-Suite cocktail party had the same food every evening-----veggies & dip, cheese & crackers. It was disappointing. They did not even have Stilton cheese.

Noticed the same thing on the CB this summer. Choices and presentation lacking. Big time cutbacks abound.

What is it?

It is made from chosen cuts of beef such as filet mignon. The main concern is e-coli contamination which is found on the surface of meat. Once ground it enters the final product. It is often found in hamburger and why burgers must be cooked properly.

But for Steak Tartar, as e-coli is found on the surface of meat, they first sear all the outer surfaces of the steak thereby eradicating any possibility before then finely chopping it. It is then mixed with various condiments and yes, it is raw. It is quite safe when handled so. I love it and have never known a problem with it's consumption.

We saw a big cutback at the PES lounge last month on the CB.

Nothing like it used to be.........

I love my steak tartare but I never saw it.

The new drink specials/offerings are not good.

The card left in the cabin does not even have the appetizer specialty anymore.

Just has dates for the cruise.

I made the comment that it seems that they are phasing out this perk. imo :(:(:(

We were on the Caribbean Princess twice this year, once in June and again in August. While there was an overabundance of the chips/salsa/guacamole/ etc nights, we did have steak tartare on both cruises. YMMV