Did we get drunker than we had to?

Shellbelle28

Shellbelle28 - he reminds me of this song (showing my age)

A-well-a ev'rybody's heard about the bird

B-b-b-bird, b-birdd's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, well-a bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is a word

A-well-a-bird, bird, b-bird's a word, a-well-a

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word

Well, everybody's talking about the bird!

A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, surfing bird, brrrrrrrrpagh!

Aaah, bap-a-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pap

Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-mow, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-mow, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mow

Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mow

Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow

Well, everybody knows that the bird is a word

Impressive LOL, now I've got that song in my head!

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages.

My latest booking with the UBP (which, by the way, one bartender referred to as U Better Puke) says soda and alcoholic beverages under $15. Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?

I guess your impression was an assumption. It happens. I am an uber planner. Read everything, print it, put it in a notebook... still sometimes I forget. Or miss something. Next time, just order a Jack and Coke and hold the Jack. Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love this thread!

Last cruise on the Escape, we went to the buffet for breakfast every morning and picked up mimosas and had Bailey's added to our coffee. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.;p;p

On Star we took double Courvoisier (cognac) shots pre breakfasts, then had toasted almonds or similar with our coffee.

We had to stop there as it was Adriatic portintensive itin and we did want to see sights

We had some alcohol to support our sightseeing though. :)

Sailaways with supporting drinks were amazing!

I guess your impression was an assumption. It happens. I am an uber planner. Read everything, print it, put it in a notebook... still sometimes I forget. Or miss something. Next time, just order a Jack and Coke and hold the Jack. Happy cruising.

I'd say this assumption was good healthwise. :)
  • Haha 1

Love this thread!

Last cruise on the Escape, we went to the buffet for breakfast every morning and picked up mimosas and had Bailey's added to our coffee. You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.;p;p

Now you've done it. I could have passed by the mimosas in the morning, but Baileys in my coffee... You just did me in! I know how I am starting my day on the Getaway in November!

The best way to do the UBP: drink all day pool side then take a nap before dinner then drink til about 2, go to osheehans for a late night snack and then wake up and have about 2 peach bellinis then repeat!! It’s how my mom and I made it through my 21st birthday cruise in March and how we plan on spending our time in November on the Getaway[emoji23]

The best way to do the UBP: drink all day pool side then take a nap before dinner then drink til about 2, go to osheehans for a late night snack and then wake up and have about 2 peach bellinis then repeat!! It’s how my mom and I made it through my 21st birthday cruise in March and how we plan on spending our time in November on the Getaway[emoji23]

[emoji106] [emoji106]

I swear sometimes the Pepsi tasted like Coke (probably due to the Brandy). It's been 6 days since I last used my UBP but am please to announce it is only around 230 days until I roll in OShennans with my traditional 2x Dark and Stormy's.

What is the Sidecar again? I should have had one or two.

On a second note- of the 6 cruises I went on this decade I only had the UBP twice and then had colds twice. I was displeased this time because unlike the prior cruise where I slept 25 hours the whole week- I managed a respectable 6 1/2- to 7 everynight this time around!

I swear sometimes the Pepsi tasted like Coke (probably due to the Brandy). It's been 6 days since I last used my UBP but am please to announce it is only around 230 days until I roll in OShennans with my traditional 2x Dark and Stormy's.

What is the Sidecar again? I should have had one or two.

On a second note- of the 6 cruises I went on this decade I only had the UBP twice and then had colds twice. I was displeased this time because unlike the prior cruise where I slept 25 hours the whole week- I managed a respectable 6 1/2- to 7 everynight this time around!

Sidecar=cognac, triple sec, lemon juice

I've decided my favorite drink is Captain Stormy (spiced rum dark and stormy).

RE the sleeping, eventually your milage will catch up with you [emoji12]

Is it the UBP that gives the cold? Because I'm 4 days home and knocked on my a$$ with one right now.

Also. Investigation underway as to why my 62yo childless DH knows all of the words to the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song.

This next cruise is for my 63rd birthday. I do not have any kids...and yes...I know the words to the SpongeBob song. Hummmmm

Aye Aye Captain...…..

Tuesday evening. DH accepts the UBP challenge 4:00pm-ish starting at Magnums. Drinks Margarita but decides he's going to branch out so tries a Gin & Chambord concoction later dubbed "Robitussin." Moved to Sugarcane Mojito bar since we were dining at Cagneys. Sampled entire Mojito menu. Decided Guava Raspberry was a favorite. After a few, DH decides Margaritas sound good again. He has made friends with bartender who proceeds to serve double/top shelf drinks. Going into Cagney’s DH tells bar runner to keep his "special" coming through dinner. Around dessert I ask DH "don't you think you've had enough?" He's at the point which this makes him determined to prove he has NOT had enough and insists we return (requiring my navigational assistance which was a source of ribbing by the restaurant staff for remainder of cruise) to Sugarcane for "one more" before going to Spinnaker for '70s disco. Bartenders' "one more" is a Fireball Rumchata shooter. Proceed to Spinnaker where DH says "oooh, I see a bartender!" Beverage unknown, but subpar quality and abandoned for sloppy reliving of high school dances to an ungodly awful band. Convince him to return to stateroom where I come in from balcony to find him on his face on the floor with his Alka Seltzer nightcap glass. Becomes overconfident of sobriety and wants to go back out. Grumpy wife says "not me" so he staggers out on his own returning 30 minutes later after being unable to find the few remaining bars that are open. Goes to bed and wakes wife (still grumpy!) to report vomiting, snakes crawling on walls, earthquakes, vomiting, inability to get up from bed and "that dinner must have been bad, I don't feel well."

Prospect of scheduled helicopter flight excursion for that morning looking grim but if nothing else, DH is thrifty and he's not throwing away nearly $500pp on a hangover. Helicopter flight over Alaska mountains to walk on a Glacier turns out to be one of the most fantastic experiences of a lifetime. DH seriously relieved he survived and actually enjoyed it. Returns to Sugarcane Mojito bar vowing that "it was the tequila" and starts all over.

O.M.F.G!!! absolutely bloody hilarious - your husband is a legend! How he managed to even get out of bed the next day is beyond me! ;)

O.M.F.G!!! absolutely bloody hilarious - your husband is a legend! How he managed to even get out of bed the next day is beyond me! ;)
Not only did he get out of bed the next day, that night he staged UBP Challenge Part II. But like all sequels, it was not as good as the original. No snakes or earthquakes. [emoji41]

My favorite is the one hugging the towel animal. He asked me why I didn't take one of him on the floor. It wasn't that funny to me at the time. [emoji16]

Your thread here ranks up there with the Compulsive Cruise Prep thread !

;p;p;p