Norwegian Escape BX vs B-2-3-4

Maralya

Hi, is it worth it to save approx. $1,000 CAN on a BX category balcony vs B2, B3, B4? What are the chances to get something bad? What's "bad"? I think deck 13 overhang, views on the broadwalk restaurants, from what I read? Anything else?

I really want to enjoy my balcony, but I'm wondering if I could enjoy both a balcony and some great savings...

Any input? Thanks!

If you aren't picky about your stateroom's particular location and deck, and possibly noise coming from above or below (lounge/clubs "nearby") and/or being assigned something extreme "forward" or "aft" - with more walking (exercises ... multiple times each day) - saving $1,000 on a cruise is nothing to brush over. You can use some of the savings to pay for specialty dining, do shore excursion or add a WiFi package, etc. - and, still with a good chunk of money leftover in savings.

A "bad" and/or undesirable GTY balcony to someone else might be a perfect assignment to you or someone else.

Here's something else to think about, depending on your sailing & itinerary, etc. - you could use some of the savings to do an "Upgrade Advantage" bidding offer, for a chance to get a GTY upgrade, for a low but reasonable bid, to get into a Mini (or higher.)

The odds of getting a "bad" GTY stateroom assignment are higher for an Oceanview and/or Inside booking, but ... we've done those and almost all of them worked out for us. DW used to worry about getting seasick and motion illness, not anymore with a bottle of Bonine, and on the last Nor-Easter, slept right thru 30' waves with the ship blasting thru an incoming storm ... and, it wasn't even a Fwd porthole view on the lowest passenger deck.

You will get a wide range of opinions and suggestions of whether to do it or not, for sure. It's your money and your final call on to do it or not. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do & decided.

Hi, is it worth it to save approx. $1,000 CAN on a BX category balcony vs B2, B3, B4? What are the chances to get something bad? What's "bad"? I think deck 13 overhang, views on the broadwalk restaurants, from what I read? Anything else?

I really want to enjoy my balcony, but I'm wondering if I could enjoy both a balcony and some great savings...

Any input? Thanks!

We’ve done the GTY balcony once and was very happy with our cabin location. We usually pay extra because we enjoy the perks and like to choose a cabin in our preferred location.

Had three cabins on the Escape last December. All BX balconies - ended up with all of them together on Deck 8 starboard side. Extremely happy with the cabins and the money we saved.

On the Sky in May, did balcony guarantees again for two cabins - One was given BA. The other was down one floor but can't remember what category - maybe BB.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done a guarantee with NCL but have with Royal. Once inside and once balcony. Both times we were very happy with our location but were prepared to gamble being assigned a poor location in order to get the savings (the inside rate was so good that the airfare was more expensive than the cruise).

If you are given a poor assignment - will it ruin your vacation? If the answer is no, then go for the guarantee.

Agree with a previous poster who said that you can book the guarantee and then apply some of your savings to putting in a bid to upgrade.

Either way - enjoy your cruise!

If you are given a poor assignment - will it ruin your vacation? If the answer is no, then go for the guarantee.

This is the best advice - it all comes down to what impact it might have on your vacation. If none, then book it.

We did BX 2x and both times got very far forward cabins. Some this may not bother (it didn't us) but that is where you will feel the most motion.

Just be aware you are taking a chance--could get a great cabin; could get one you don't like.

We did the GTY on the Escape and received cabin 9854. It was perfect. I could not have picked better myself. I had gone into it with the thought that as long as I was on the ship, I would be very happy! Good luck with whatever you decide.