NCL Ferry to St. George's

Wngsfan

Is the NCL ferry that runs from the Dockyard to St. George's the same ferry that is labeled as "The Orange Route" in the Summer Ferry Schedule? I have read previous posts that state the NCL ferry leaves the Dockyard at 9 am but the the Orange Route shows it leaving at 9:30.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, renjrusa said:

Any Idea if the NCL ferry will be running again in 2019? Onboard NCL Escape docking May 1-32019.. Thanks

I would assume so. The ferry service is part of an agreement between NCLH and the government of Bermuda. I think the agreement runs for 5 years and next year would be  year 3.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mbottoms66 said:

Can you take a mobility scooter on the NCL ferry?  Also, are they high speed catamarans.

Taking a mobility scooter would be at the discretion of the ferry crew as it would likely have to be lifted onto the boat. if they think they can safely lift it they'll allow it, otherwise they won't.

Yes, it is a high speed ferry.

12 hours ago, bjtravelnews said:

Anyone know the capacity of NCLs ferry?  Is it the same size as the public ferry.  Just wondering how crowded the first ferry of the morning gets.  Thanks all!

I recall reading that it holds about 400 passengers. Bermuda public ferries have varying capacities, but I believe the NCL ferry is comparable in capacity to the larger ferries in the Bermuda fleet...except for the older ferry Bermudian, which I believe holds about 800.

I think it's safe to assume that the NCL ferry will be crowded, particularly if you're in Bermuda on the larger NCL ships like the Escape.

• Like 1