Ripped jeans at dinner?

English101

This might come off a bit wrong for some and I don't intent to be rude but I really don't get all the fuzz about how other people decide to wear at dinner. I do my people watching at the atrium or at the bars but at dinner I'm usually concentrated on either the food or on conversation with my DW. Someone could come in a thong to the dinning room and other than maybe laugh at it for a moment I wouldn't care. It's not gonna make my food taste any better or worse. But everyone's got their preference. That's just mine.

There is a huge difference between ripped jeans and gang bang jeans, every single clothing line has ads with ripped jeans, markets ripped jeans. It’s apples and oranges.

There is no difference between the two when it comes to NCL's dress code. Neither are considered appropriate.

There is no difference between the two when it comes to NCL's dress code. Neither are considered appropriate.

You continue to rely on the outdated online dress code. The hosts know the official dress code.

But make yourself miserable, it's apparently what you do.

This is a shame since there's nothing even in the online dress code that disallows this.

Can't wait to wear mine!

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.Ready for Adventure: Shore Excursions Think about the shore excursions you'll be taking and pack accordingly, including comfy walking shoes. For kids and adults it's good to pack a pair of closed-toed shoes. All Decked-out: Smart Casual Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#what-clothes-should---pack

So you have no problem with hoodies unless people wear them

A hoodie is a jacket with a hood. I wear one almost every day. I don't however wear the hood up unless it's raining. Certainly not indoors. But something tells me you already knew this.

You continue to rely on the outdated online dress code. The hosts know the official dress code.

But make yourself miserable, it's apparently what you do.

Oh please. So now your argument is the online code is wrong, and the hosts are the only one that know the right one? Ok, thanks for that heads up! :')

A hoodie is a jacket with a hood. I wear one almost every day. I don't however wear the hood up unless it's raining. Certainly not indoors. But something tells me you already knew this.

FYI , Hoodies are worn indoors all the time now, the new fashion, again this is NCL not Holland America

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Be sure to pack a sweater — the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.Ready for Adventure: Shore Excursions Think about the shore excursions you'll be taking and pack accordingly, including comfy walking shoes. For kids and adults it's good to pack a pair of closed-toed shoes. All Decked-out: Smart Casual Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Actually, the way this is worded, it looks like the only jeans that aren’t permitted are faded, tattered AND worn below the hips, not faded, tattered OR worn below the hips.

Actually, the way this is worded, it looks like the only jeans that aren’t permitted are faded, tattered AND worn below the hips, not faded, tattered OR worn below the hips.

Exactly so even by written dress code standards, jeans that are faded, have holes tears, ripped, are ok as long as they are worn ABOVE the hips

FYI , Hoodies are worn indoors all the time now, the new fashion, again this is NCL not Holland America

What? New fashion? You mean the hoodies that people have been wearing for decades? And what does Holland America have to do with anything?

When I first found CC, I poured over every thread, every cruise line forum, comparing and contrasting. One thing that stood out was how the fans of other lines depicted Carnival as the party boat, the Walmart of the Seas, the low class line. Yet, when I come across these threads on NCL, Royal, Princess and other boards, I realize cruisers are cruisers. It's not the cruise line that's the Walmart of the Seas, it's the passengers. And those passengers will cruise any line they feel like. The next time I see a quip about Carnival, I'll point them in this direction.

I absolutely agree. Funny though that I have always heard that NCL was the Wal-mart of the seas, not Carnival!

You left out the part of the response that was only discussing hoodies.

That's not a particularly effective way of responding.

Sorry, just proving youwrong on torn and ripped jeans; it is in the dress code.

By quoting a response about hoodies? Very persuasive.

The rules posted online aren't what are applied on the ships. If you don't like it, take it up with management.

"Prove them wrong".

LOL

What? New fashion? You mean the hoodies that people have been wearing for decades? And what does Holland America have to do with anything?

no the new fashion hoodies, like the GS warriors wear, this thread is about how modern fashion MUST be accepted. I sometimes travel on Holland the people ask me literally, what are you doing here? "Shouldn't you be climbing mount Kilimanjaro" . A senior citizen hAL cruiser on a hal l cruise was told me this joke, quote, "the average age of a Hal cruiser is dead" So basically HAL cruisers don't want young fashion in their dining rooms, is the reason Hal is mentioned

Now you can catch up to the rest of us.
No, not "the rest of us", you are the only one who thinks the written dress code is irrelevant because some hosts may or may not be enforcing it.

A large percentage of cars on the highway are exceeding the posted speed limit. The police tend to only write tickets to cars travelling 10 or 15 mph above the posted limit. Applying your logic means the actual speed limit is always 10 or 15 mph above what's posted.

Getting back to my original comment to you in this thread, you are teaching your kids that it's OK to ignore the written rules. It's people like you that are creating the problems in the next generation.

No, not "the rest of us", you are the only one who thinks the written dress code is irrelevant because some hosts may or may not be enforcing it.

A large percentage of cars on the highway are exceeding the posted speed limit. The police tend to only write tickets to cars travelling 10 or 15 mph above the posted limit. (My God this is boring) Applying your logic means the actual speed limit is always 10 or 15 mph above what's posted.

Getting back to my original comment to you in this thread, you are teaching your kids that it's OK to ignore the written rules. It's people like you that are creating the problems in the next generation.

Yeah, we heard you, ripped jeans leads to prison.

You don't understand the authority the staff has. And you are tediously judgmental.

Your last sentence made me literally laugh out loud. I'll continue to follow the rules applied by the ship, not what's on the website when different. I know you can't comprehend the difference; you have made that very clear.

If you don't like it, take it up with the cruise line. Their ship, their rules.

Keep telling your kids to rat out their friends for chewing gum in school. That's against "the rules", you know.