Eurodam 8165

ScottC4746

I am booked on Eurodam in suite 8165. I as advised of this cabin from someone who I cannot mention on the boards that I have trusted in the past on cabin selection. He suggested 8165 has a glass railing rather than a solid one. I just noticed on HAL's website it is under the Lido Deck pool area. Is this going to be an issue noise wise?

Yes it is glass railing. They hose the deck every morning. May hear water running down drains if there is one near your balcony. BTW. your stateroom is called veranda. Suite is something we hope to upgrade. Lol. Also you are directly under the smoking area on the lido deck. Shouldn't be an issue.

Along with the hosing, I have heard they drag the chairs around early in the morning. (That's general, not particular to Eurodam.)

I think it depends on your sensitivity to sounds/at night! So far, I have stayed under the galley and close-to-under the Blues Club, and felt the noise to be "muffled". When I mentioned that to my sister, staying one cabin forward under the galley, she said "what I hear is not muffled!" She falls asleep AT HOME with Netflix running, to mask street noise, IE she is sensitive to sound.

ETA: I just checked your location and it's under the corner of the SEAVIEW (not Lido) pool deck, yes on the Lido deck, but there are far fewer chairs there just in number. I believe that was the smokers side of the Seaview on the Zaandam, and the younger smokers would gather there well into the evening... Again, I do not know if they were noisy enough to penetrate the floor-ceiling.

You might look for CC reviews of staterooms in the general area, and also for the Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam's sister ship.

Edited by crystalspin

Yes it is glass railing. They hose the deck every morning. May hear water running down drains if there is one near your balcony. BTW. your stateroom is called veranda. Suite is something we hope to upgrade. Lol. Also you are directly under the smoking area on the lido deck. Shouldn't be an issue.

Uh-oh. Do we need to pull our chairs in at night so we have dry seats to sit in the morning for coffee?

Uh-oh. Do we need to pull our chairs in at night so we have dry seats to sit in the morning for coffee?

Usually your cabin steward will bring the chair cushions into the cabin in the evening when he does the evening turn-down...no need to bring in the chairs.