2020 cruise

Jenna2407

So the prices are out for some 2020 cruises.... and the 1 I want is available!

So shall I book? Or will there likely be a price drop? (I know I know no1 has a crystal ball but I just mean historically do prices drop?)

Also if I do book and the price drops, do NCL give it u back in on-board credit like Carnival do?

Thank you :)!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

If the price drops prior to the final payment date (which is now 120 days prior to sailing), you can just call NCL and ask for the new rate. But a rebooking also means that the perks or OBC you used to have might not necessarily be available or the same with the new booking. NCL phone staff are generally pretty good about identifying differences in perks but it's best to understand what you have before you call. I hear that if a price-drop occurs after final payment, you can call and beg for OBC or a room upgrade; we've never bothered.

The OP is from UK where booking terms might be different.

I cruise for ports and with NCL I book last minute to minimize (cannot eliminate though) unwanted port change surprises. Chances are there will only be guarantee rooms left but I will take that chance. The room location is important to me but not as important as the itinerary, and since I don't want any "free" at sea perks I only book sailaway and would never get to pick my location anyway. Might as well go with last minute deals. From what I see, even on the newest ships as long as you are willing to book sailaway the last minute prices are low. But then I can do that because I live close to a few departure ports. Your situation might be different.

Hi Jenna I am also from the UK in my experience the price only goes up. The T&Cs for us are very different so we can't cancel without losing our deposit which is what you would have to do if the price did drop. You would also lose any perks that were on offer when you booked.

So the prices are out for some 2020 cruises.... and the 1 I want is available!

So shall I book? Or will there likely be a price drop? (I know I know no1 has a crystal ball but I just mean historically do prices drop?)

Also if I do book and the price drops, do NCL give it u back in on-board credit like Carnival do?

Thank you :)!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

I've booked my September 2020 Baltic cruise already. I'm not expecting prices to drop due to the fact Oberamerramgau is on in 2020.

My land tour incorporating Oberamerramgau has been booked for months already [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T719Y using Forums mobile app