Drop bags off at port and come back to check in later?

We sail on Adventure of the Seas in February 2019 out of Fort Lauderdale. Can we drop our luggage off with porters, leave and come back to check in later? I wasn’t sure if that was allowed or not.

Also, the cruise departs at 5:30 pm. What is the typical time they start boarding the ship for that departure time?

Thank you!

We sail on Adventure of the Seas in February 2019 out of Fort Lauderdale. Can we drop our luggage off with porters, leave and come back to check in later? I wasn’t sure if that was allowed or not.

Also, the cruise departs at 5:30 pm. What is the typical time they start boarding the ship for that departure time?

Thank you!

Sure, no problem.

Boarding usually starts around 11am.

Thank you for your responses! We aren’t looking to board the ship at the last minute. I was just wondering what time boarding began for a 5:30 departure. Our last cruise was an earlier departure, so I wondered if a 5:30 departure meant a later start to boarding the ship.

As stated earlier, once the ship has been cleared and all passengers are off, they will begin boarding which generally is around 11 AM. Many, myself included will get to the terminal by 11 AM and except for one time ( Princess ) did we sit in a waiting area after checking in. With Royal Caribbean once we check in we board and having lunch by noon.