Priceline-3 in a room, Miami. Anyone get 2 beds?

Starz723

HI there

Ive been reading the boards on how to bid for priceline. I read that there is no gaurantee when bidding on priceline that you would get 2 beds in a room. That would be disaterous for me. 2 adults & my 14 yr old son.

We need a room for pre cruise.

I have a couple of questions: Has anyone with 3 or more ppl tried to bid on a double and received 2 beds? Is it too risky to bid.

I really hate to pay rack. We are on a tight budget. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I have never used priceline.

Trent: what would you do..You are so knowledgeable about these things.

Thank you so much

I have used Priceline a couple of times when we were travelling as a family of 4. After I got a successful bid, I phoned the hotel and asked for 2 beds. I didn't have any problem doing that, but I guess the risk is there that they will not be able to accomodate the request. Could probably bring in a rollaway at the very least though.

Anyway, it has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

Well with Priceline there are simply NO guarantees that you'll get 2 beds OR a rollaway. They simply guarantee you a "room". Many people have wanted 2 beds or a rollaway and called the hotel they won to request one. In most cases their request was honored, but there simply are NO guarantees.

If you absolutely MUST have 2 beds then you may want to try bidding on 2 rooms, sometimes you can get 2 rooms on Priceline for less than the price of 1 at rack rate.

Personally I'm way too picky about where I sleep to use Priceline, but if you do I would never bid on anything less than a 4-star as many of the 3-stars I see people getting are not very nice IMO.

Hi Marge, I have bid and won two rooms where I needed two beds in both for our family. Simply after booking and getting your confirmation, call the hotel directly not the toll free number, and make a request for the bedding requirement and smoking requirement that fits your needs. Only once was I not able to get a non-smoking room and I knew they couldn't guarantee it in advance.

For Downtown Miami, 3 star hotel, the Holiday Inn has been coming up. Four Star, the Hyatt and Intercontinental which are all great choices. Give it a try. Your credit card won't be charged until you will the bid. Check out Betterbidding and Biddingforfun.com, to see what hotels are coming up for your dates of travel, winning bid, etc. Good Luck.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

For Downtown Miami, 3 star hotel, the Holiday Inn has been coming up. Four Star, the Hyatt and Intercontinental which are all great choices. Give it a try. Your credit card won't be charged until you will the bid. Check out Betterbidding and Biddingforfun.com, to see what hotels are coming up for your dates of travel, winning bid, etc. Good Luck.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Actually the 3-star in downtown Miami that usually comes up is the RADISSON. The downtown Holiday Inn is a very popular budget hotel but I don't recall it ever being a part of Priceline, it's simply so popular it doesn't have to! It sells out well in advance at it's very low rack rate.

I'm not a big fan of the downtown Radisson as it's not in a very good neighborhood and is on top of a long closed shopping mall... Priceline's 4-star Intercontinental and Hyatt-Regency are much much nicer hotels. The Intercontinental being the nicer of the two.

Trent;

I'd love to grab a night at the Intercontinental or Hyatt and have been using priceline (Saturday 3/25 1 night). I've been completely unsuccessful, even lowered to a 3 star and still came up empty. I'm wondering how high I have to go with a bid to get a 4 star for 1 night?

I did check the Holiday Inn (port of Miami) and it's completely sold out for that night

Your problem is you're bidding at the peak of Spring Break - one of the very most expensive, most heavily sold times of the year.

First check to see if those hotels even HAVE rooms available on that night. Then you just have to keep trying, but prices are up considerably over past years. I would definitely book a back up hotel in case you don't have any luck with Priceline.

I'd be VERY careful with that one... The Blue Lagoon area airport hotels on the south side of the airport are nice and in a nice neighborhood, but the ones on the north and east sides are not so nice and the neighborhood is bad. The icons could apply to almost all of them.

I think you would be much better off using Hotwire and using the 3 people in a room search.

Granted, we mostly stay in South Beach but most of the hotels I've stayed in could not have fit two beds in a room and I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in South Beach.

I would not chance three in a room in Miami on priceline. Try hotwire and see what comes up.

I think you would be much better off using Hotwire and using the 3 people in a room search.

Granted, we mostly stay in South Beach but most of the hotels I've stayed in could not have fit two beds in a room and I've stayed at some of the nicest hotels in South Beach.

I would not chance three in a room in Miami on priceline. Try hotwire and see what comes up.

Sorry..... That was using the Hotwire search with 3 in a room. I gave Priceline several attempts yesterday and came up with nothing so I went to Hotwire. Not much coming up on Hotwire:

4 hotels in Miami Beach: 2star=115 2.5star=119 3star=133 4star=221

2 hotels at MIA: 2star=90 3star=102

0 found at Downtown, Coral Gables, Doral Airport West

I'd be VERY careful with that one... The Blue Lagoon area airport hotels on the south side of the airport are nice and in a nice neighborhood, but the ones on the north and east sides are not so nice and the neighborhood is bad. The icons could apply to almost all of them.

Well Trent. You were right! I had hotwire dollars to spend so I thought I'd give the 3 star offering on Hotwire a shot.

Got the Holiday Inn on the "NORTHEAST" conrner... Uh OH!. At least I didn't pay a ton. The pictures don't look to good of the hotel/area but the reviews didn't sound too bad. + they have a free aiport and cruise pier shuttle so that will save some $ too..

Thanks!

OK, you're scaring me now!

I read 5 reviews on Travelocity and they said it was decent and good service. As long as I don't get held up going/leaving the hotel, I should be OK. I paid about 46 bucks after the discounts so I'm guessing it's not THAT bad of a deal. Hoping.

Do you think the neighborhood is that bad??

Hopefully you'll be okay, just remember when you see the place - you don't get much for $46 ;)

I know the area well and it's NOT a good neighborhood! It's also NOT a nice hotel, don't expect much. It's old, rundown, and dirty.

Hopefully you'll be okay, just remember when you see the place - you don't get much for $46 ;)

I know the area well and it's NOT a good neighborhood! It's also NOT a nice hotel, don't expect much. It's old, rundown, and dirty.

How do they get away with a "3" star rating then. That makes no sense if that property is that bad. Maybe I should call up Hotwire to complain?

How do they get away with a "3" star rating then. That makes no sense if that property is that bad. Maybe I should call up Hotwire to complain?

I've gotten burn't with Pricelines 3* ratings, never again, it's either resort or 4* or I won't bid. ;)

The three star rating has nothing to do with how nice the hotel is or what shape it is in but the amenities offered.

The three star rating has nothing to do with how nice the hotel is or what shape it is in but the amenities offered.

Ah. That makes more sense. You still think they would adjust ratings/prices so that customers don't experience things like this though. Hotels differ on age, cleanliness and so many other things.

Archived