Fantasia Yacht Club Med cruise coming up- Formal nights? Also Wifi question...

LizzGo

Formal nights- How the heck do you know before hand how many formal nights, if any? And what is the dress code? I cant find that info online or in my documents.

WiFi- Did not purchase package and am wondering if there are lounges onboard where one can log-on for free? On past cruises we have just enjoyed being offline, but sought out hot-spots in ports. Now I am being warned that WiFi hot-spots are becoming increasingly popular with hackers. I would think cruise ports would be a goldmine with all these cruisers desperately seeking out a place to connect.

Information "What to wear onboard" are listed on MSC USA website

- My Booking

- General Information

- scroll down to Useful Information

- What to wear onboard

Traveling with MSC Cruises is a pleasant mix of relaxing moments, parties, dinners, sports activities and shore excursions. So, when packing your suitcases, make sure you include appropriate outfits to suit each occasion.

• Casual wear is recommended for life on board ship and for excursions.
  • For informal evenings, we recommend summery dresses for women and a lightweight jacket for men.
  • For the Gala evenings the dress code is more formal. We suggest a tuxedo, dinner jacket, or dark suit and tie for gentlemen, and a dressy outfit, formal gown, or cocktail dress for ladies.
  • We offer daytime and evening Theme Parties, so bring your finest 60s and 70s floral gear to step back in time at the Flower Glory Party, pack white clothing to join the White Party, and don’t forget something green, white and red to celebrate in true Italian style during the MSC Little Italy entertainment.
  • For sports lovers, gym shoes and tracksuits are must-haves when using our cutting-edge gym and attending yoga and dance courses, where available.
  • We also recommend you bring a pullover or shawl to help with the changes in temperature between the air conditioned interior of the ship and the deck areas.
  • For excursions including visits to religious sites we advise that appropriate clothing be worn (covered knees and shoulders, no low-cut tops).
  • For cruises sailing towards the Svalbard islands and Polar areas, please ensure you have adequate polar clothing.

Thank you for all taking the time to respond to my question. I had followed the above steps on the MSC website before, and just did it again, and the info on "what to wear on board" is very general. What I was looking for was the number of gala nights on our cruise. The cruise is 7 nights. I cannot find anywhere a specific number of gala nights or when those nights would be.So I should assume the Fantasia is the same as the Seaview, 2 nights?

Thank you for internet replies as well.

So I should assume the Fantasia is the same as the Seaview, 2 nights?

Yes, it is somewhere hidden on MSC USA website.

Link - https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Information/First-Time-Cruiser.aspx

- scroll down to the end of the page

- under “What should I pack ?” it says “a 7-night cruise has two Gala Nights”.