Men's dress in evenings

jeriram

I know there have been many questions about this - but would it be ok for my husband to wear sandals in the evening restaurants and captains reception - I guess we are trying to decide whether to pack leather shoes. Thanks!!!

I know there have been many questions about this - but would it be ok for my husband to wear sandals in the evening restaurants and captains reception - I guess we are trying to decide whether to pack leather shoes. Thanks!!!

From the PG website:

"What is the dress code for evenings?

Country Club Casual, or elegant resort wear, is appropriate dress for all evenings aboard The Gauguin. Country Club Casual consists of a dress, or skirt or slacks with a blouse or sweater for ladies, and slacks and collared shirts for gentleman. No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may opt to wear a jacket to the Captain’s Welcome Reception. Please note that casual wear such as shorts, t-shirts, casual jeans (frayed and/or with holes), baseball caps, flip-flops, and Crocs are not considered appropriate after 6:00 p.m. in all restaurants and lounges. Bathrobes and bathing suits are not appropriate in the ship’s restaurants and lounges, and shirts and shoes are required in all public areas at all times."

While I was surprised how many men and women pushed the boundaries of Country Club Casual, your husband would look and feel out of place wearing sandals in the evening to dinner. I doubt the wait staff or Maitre D would kick him out, except perhaps at the Veranda, but I don't think you would be pleased with where you were seated every night.

• 1 month later...

I saw them remove 3 gentlemen from the dining room the final night on board, all three were wearing shorts, sandals and one a ball cap.  From what I saw, nice jeans, slacks, and any shirt with collar will do for the men, with a form of non-athletic footwear, I wore boat shoes and canvas shoes and never felt out of place.

Most of the ladies wore dresses, or pants with a dressy top.