Western Caribbean Port Information PLEASE

Can anyone tell me if there is a beach at the following ports: Nassau, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan?

I am traveling with my sister who is in a wheelchair. Our travel agent did not tell us that we had to book excursions 21 days in advance for a wheelchair accessible vehicle; therefore, right now we are looking for a beach or something to do at each port that will not require travel. She is in a wheelchair 100% of the time and the wheelchair is not collapsible.

I would appreciate any help with this question.

Thank you in advance for your reply

In Nassau we went to Junkanoo beach, about a 15 minute walk from the port and from what I remember it was a pretty easy walk, no hills, a few roads to cross but not many at all.

Costa Maya- Short 5/10 minute walk to a free swimming pool, very easy route completely flat. Unsure on beaches.

Cozumel- You would have to travel to a beach I think. We've only ever done shore excursions here, so I can't help that much.

in nassau we went to junkanoo beach, about a 15 minute walk from the port and from what i remember it was a pretty easy walk, no hills, a few roads to cross but not many at all.

Costa maya- short 5/10 minute walk to a free swimming pool, very easy route completely flat. Unsure on beaches.

Cozumel- you would have to travel to a beach i think. We've only ever done shore excursions here, so i can't help that much.

thank you!

Hi-

In Roatan, there are two different ports--one in the town of Coxen Hole and the other is Mahogany Bay, which is run by Carnival.

If you're taking a Carnival-owned ship (e.g., includes Princess), most likely you'd go to Mahogany Bay, which is a gorgeous beach resort. I would advise double checking with the cruise line, though, to be sure which port is on your particular itinerary. - Musing About Cruising

I highly recommend Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel!! All inclusive and worth the $$.

Also, you should search, read and post in the individual Port forums to get more information on each port.

Mr Sanchos would require transportation. OP is looking for beaches they can get to without transportation.

Bill

Mr Sanchos would require transportation. OP is looking for beaches they can get to without transportation.

Bill

Oops missed that part. However, I wouldn't recommend ANY beach for someone in a wheelchair unless they provide wheelchairs with the huge tires (beach ready).