Recommendations for tours in Israel with Celebrity

Drl75

My husband and I are sailing on the Constellation 10/30 out of Rome, to Greece and Israel. Looking for suggestions on which Celebrity excursion to take in Israel. My husband has limited walking ability but we want to see as much as we can. Thanks!

Many outside groups do tours as well as the cruise line. Limited mobility can be a real issue in Israel. Most areas around Tel Aviv (Joppa) and Ceaseara are OK. Sea of Galilee sites like Capurneum aren't too bad but Jerusalem old City can be tough as it has a lot of crowds, narrow side streets, slops and steps. Western Wall and main areas arent too bad but there is a lot of walking. The Israel Museum in Jerusalem (dead sea scrolls) is OK. All that being said the larger tour companies are experienced with this and can give good advice. I run some small group tours from the USA to Israel a few times per year. It is a walk intensive place generally. You can hire a private car or taxi to do some sites if you are looking to cherry pick certain places. The distances aren't really all that far except Dead Sea, Massada and Eliat. Haiffa is just a city so typical sidewalks. The gardens there are very hilly tough. Bethlehem is harder as the Israeli taxis have a hard time going into that area so you have to walk, bus transfer or go with tour group. You could do Massada on a day trip but it would take most of your time. It all depends on what you want to see there. The main advantage of the ship excursion is that if traffic or something goes bad they won't leave you. It's a more complex port than some but should still be ok.

Edited by Stldan
Spelling

We used “Travel Israel” for a very personalized experience: http://www.travelisrael.co.il/about-us/

I only wish that I had used Udi for all three days. The next two days, we had a very good time with a great guide; but Udi was absolutely brilliant.

Full blog review (October 2016) can be found here: https://baskeytravels.com/2016/11/02/featured-content-2/

You are in for a treat with any accredited tour guide in Israel as the professional standards are very high. Guided Tours Israel are excellent. I would second suggestion to contact them or the company recommended above to discuss what they can recommend could best suit your needs and then compare with what the ship may offer. Oftentimes, the private option offers better value but a ships excursion does offer assistance disembarking. (I have memories of struggling through the crowds on Mariner a few years back).