Few Questions

tmg698

I am thinking of booking Oasis of the Seas for April or May of 2019. I have only sailed Carnival in the past like 8 or 9 times so I have a few questions about RC.

I know you need reservations for the shows...how far in advance can you book these?

How much is RC drink package and is it like Carnival that every person over 21 in cabin has to buy it?

Is it best to just book online?

Does RC have picture packages if so are they reasonably priced?

Guess that is all for now. Thanks

Edited by tmg698
add a question

Royal has no set time for reservations to become available. You need to periodically check your Cruise Planner.

The drink package has no fixed price, it can vary cruise to cruise. Again, check your Cruise Planner for your price. The cost is usually less online. Every adult in the stateroom has to purchase it. However one difference from Carnival is that there is no daily drink limit.

How much is RC drink package and is it like Carnival that every person over 21 in cabin has to buy it?

You can't do it online, but if you call, they will usually let just one person in the cabin buy (have a sob story ready).

You can't do it online, but if you call, they will usually let just one person in the cabin buy (have a sob story ready).

Yes several on our upcoming sailing were able to purchase only one drink package by calling...but the other person in the room did have to by the refreshment package.

Still cheaper than having to buy two drink pkgs!!

While you don't NEED reservations for most shows it is a good idea. They open the doors to standby about 10 minutes before show time. For headliners there is often a lot of seating still available. Comedy club you will be unlikely to get in that way. Water shows will typically have only bench seating with no backs by then. Ice shows will have some seating for 2 or 3 together.

There is also usually at least one ice and one water show that do not have reservations at all.

Venues open 30-45 minutes before the shows.