Sapphire Princess - Jun 15, 2019 OR P & O Arcadia - Jun 9, 2019

Essex_uk

SapphirePrincess - Jun 15, 2019 14 nts OR P & O Arcadia- Jun 9, 2019 12 nts

Researching these two cruises I find that the Sapphire visits more ports, whereas Arcadia views more flyrods.

Which would you choose when visiting Norway and why?

You would probably get more responses if you posted itineraries as opposed to forcing people to look it up on their own.

I did a similar cruise this year that the Sapphire is doing on June 15, with the difference of 1 port - I thought it was an amazing itinerary and high recommend it. The Sapphire trip was full of fjords - even in ports. I did several fjord excursions. Honestly - when I came back and people asked what I saw - I said "fjords and waterfalls".

I just looked at P&O itinerary and on the Sapphire we went to a lot of the same "cruising fjords". P&O is more descriptive about it as they include fjords on the same day as the towns you will visit. Princess doesn't do that in their description but traveled the same route so you saw the same fjords near the ports that were similar.

I would focus on the ports and decide which ports you want. I can tell you our Sapphire Princess trip did Skjolden and I wish we had done Flam. This next year, Sapphire Princess is doing Flam (PO is not going there). Sapphire goes to Honningsvag (North Cape), PO doesn't. Focus on the ports.

Honestly - Norway is so beautiful - any part you see will be amazing.

Thank you for your reply Coral. The information provided is swaying me towards the Sapphire Princess.

P&O has ports I have not been to as I have only gone once but when I saw the "cruising fjords" out of some of the ports, the Sapphire visited the same area and those fjords we did see.

I am sure whichever you pick will be great.

I am glad we went as far North as we did on the Sapphire.