Will this cabin be ok?

diamondj

We have just cancelled another cruise, as have many others , due to the main port overnight stay being drastically reduced by 9 daylight hours, and consequently have lost our deposit.

We saw a good looking deal on Holland America Koningsdam and have luckily been able to book a balcony cabin 6171. Our TA says this is on a bend in the ship, so I am asking any HA seasoned passengers if they know whether this will have any disadvantages for us. Obviously, this cabin may not have been our first choice, but at this stage we're just grateful to be sailing on a lovely ship (judging by comments read). Any other advice for HA newbies please. We know Princess, P&O, Celebrity and NCL, but not this company.:cool:

We have just cancelled another cruise, as have many others , due to the main port overnight stay being drastically reduced by 9 daylight hours, and consequently have lost our deposit.

We saw a good looking deal on Holland America Koningsdam and have luckily been able to book a balcony cabin 6171. Our TA says this is on a bend in the ship, so I am asking any HA seasoned passengers if they know whether this will have any disadvantages for us. Obviously, this cabin may not have been our first choice, but at this stage we're just grateful to be sailing on a lovely ship (judging by comments read). Any other advice for HA newbies please. We know Princess, P&O, Celebrity and NCL, but not this company.:cool:

Personally I think it's a great location. You are near the elevators (which are not noisy) with cabins above and below. It's a beautiful ship. Have a wonderful time!

Helen

I'd be happy with it. Your TA is wrong about the cabin being "on a bend of the ship" (that would be the neighbouring cabin, V6169) but you are saving some healthy change being in the lower category cabin. If you haven't already looked at the deck plans, you can see them here: https://www.hollandamerica.com/content/dam/hal/inventory-assets/ships/pdf-files/ko.pdf

Thank you to everyone who replied to put my mind at rest about the cabin 6171.

Also, hope anyone who replied to my query about the drinks packages will be able to read my thanks to them here too.

I couldn’t see how to say thanks once post had moved up the list. Excited about this cruise now.