2 Dads + 4 kids= 1 desperately needed family vacation...aboard Liberty of the Seas

All settled in the Hyatt House near the Galleria. The room is comfortable. Unfortunately they don’t have connecting rooms and the closest we could get the two rooms is about 7 doors away. I like the Hyatt House and Hyatt Place brands. They are comfortable with a little extra space, breakfast is included, free WiFi and the price point is usually reasonable. We are paying $84 per room per night. We will be utilizing their free shuttle (within 3 miles) to go to Pappadeaux for dinner (Cajun). af666d03cc2a69ade87895d6139d0b1e.jpga65112d278891dcc2f9dbcfe033a8e87.jpgd6935f02571d02130bec2dfd2dda4834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dinner this evening at Pappadeaux was good, not great. Actually, the food was great. The slow inattentive service was frustrating. Manager apologized and offered a $50 gift certificate towards another meal. Our bill was $275 for 8 of us. I thought it wasn’t too bad as we had drinks, salad, pupu (appetizer), entrees and 2 bread puddings to share later. The bread pudding was great! Love the shuttle service from the Hyatt House.

About us: The title sums it up. We are Brian and Keith from Maui, Hawaii. We have 4 kids, including two kids currently in foster care. I’m worried about the documents needed for foster kids. We are a very busy family, with all of our kids playing two sports. My husband (Keith) has a busy private practice and I’m always busy as a special education advocate. If you can’t read between the lines, relaxation time is hard to come by.

We love to cruise because (in general) the kids are very entertained and we can get some much needed downtime. It also allows us intermittent bursts of family fun together.

Our kids are 7, 10, 12, 14. All have made their way through (or currently in) the foster care system. If you can’t tell, I’m quite passionate about helping kids in care. All have their issues but are great kids. One thing we are quite nervous about is one of our kids has PTSD and we are hoping the kids club staff will be able to work well with them. We contacted the Access department ahead of time and they’ve done the documentation.

We booked a Panoramic Ocean Suite for the 6 of us.

We are flying tonight (redeye from Maui to LA and then onto Houston). We will be staying at the Hyatt House near the Galleria on Saturday night. On Sunday, we plan to grab an Uber after breakfast and make our way to Galveston.

We are on this with cruise with you. Heading down to Galveston areound 9:30 as we stayed south of Houston last night and wend to NASA yesterday. Good Luck! Maybe we will see you on the ship.

I am a day late, but welcome to Texas! My family and I had so much fun on Liberty last year.

Thanks for the Hyatt House photos. We enjoy Hyatt Place and was wondering about Hyatt House. I am all about extra space.

Hopefully, boarding will be a smooth process for you. Have a great trip!

Those little ones and not so little ones are so lucky to have y'all as parents/foster parents. You 2 sound like wonderful people.

If you haven't already thought about it you might want to think about sea sickness ahead of time. Do you know if any of them are prone to it? Guest services has motion sickness pills if needed. With the hurricane there could be rough seas even when Royal avoids it.

Boarding was very smooth. Having suite privileges definitely helped with the security lines. At check in, they did not ask for the notarized letters or guardianship paperwork. But I’m glad we have it as NCL definitely asked. A few pictures from the ship. IMG_0079.thumb.JPG.a11bb7360fbdf84f8e5cc46c6667efa1.JPG

Boarding was very smooth. Having suite privileges definitely helped with the security lines. At check in, they did not ask for the notarized letters or guardianship paperwork. But I’m glad we have it as NCL definitely asked. A few pictures from the ship. [ATTACH]431088[/ATTACH]

Yes, always better to have it just in case. Have a Great Cruise!

Ooh I see the Liberty is decorated for halloween! I sail on Sunday and have my fingers crossed the Allure will be decorated as well. I've sailed many times in October and they've never been decorated! LOL I'm enjoying your updates so far! Keep them coming!!!