Bustickets more expensive in Puerto Vallarta

Ine

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

P.S.  Ine, We do hope that the family issue is not serious.  Looking forward to seeing you this winter.

It is one of my elderly sisters and it is rather serious unfortunately. Hope to see you again also.

We have had a few more days riding the buses. At this point, all I can confirm is the new 10 peso rate is in effect.

Many of the old buses are still in service with drivers being able to make change.

All of the new buses have an RF card reader installed. I assume that is for a pre-paid bus pass.

All of the new buses have at least 25% less seats and it seems like there is more leg room.

Some of the new buses have air conditioning. 

At least one of the new buses did not have an exact change fare box. Driver was still working from a cash tray.

I'm sure things will change over the next few month. It is my impression that there are less busses on the streets and they don't race each other to see who gets first cracking at the next group of riders anymore.

Hope all will have a rewarding Thanksgiving (for the Yanks). We're headed to Casa Isabel for a sunset turkey dinner.

Enjoy!!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

7 hours ago, MSN-Travelers said:

We have had a few more days riding the buses. At this point, all I can confirm is the new 10 peso rate is in effect.

Many of the old buses are still in service with drivers being able to make change.

All of the new buses have an RF card reader installed. I assume that is for a pre-paid bus pass.

All of the new buses have at least 25% less seats and it seems like there is more leg room.

Some of the new buses have air conditioning. 

At least one of the new buses did not have an exact change fare box. Driver was still working from a cash tray.

I'm sure things will change over the next few month. It is my impression that there are less busses on the streets and they don't race each other to see who gets first cracking at the next group of riders anymore.

Hope all will have a rewarding Thanksgiving (for the Yanks). We're headed to Casa Isabel for a sunset turkey dinner.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for reporting back, it is just what I heard before. Still the uproar is going on that also the old buses have higher prices. Have a great dinner, donot forget to order a mexican coffee!  Enjoy the view from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Laura, maybe you still read this before departure. I got the programm time for the pilgrims. Indeed on Dec. 10 they start around 5 pm. Too early for you I assume Have a great cruise

Thanks soo much for that info about the parades on the 10th.

Sorry that it is indeed just a bit too late for us as I think that's just when the ship is sailing!!

Too bad!! We'll have to come back one year on land to experience them.

We leave this coming Friday from LA.

16 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Thanks soo much for that info about the parades on the 10th.

Sorry that it is indeed just a bit too late for us as I think that's just when the ship is sailing!!

Too bad!! We'll have to come back one year on land to experience them.

We leave this coming Friday from LA.

Indeed, you must be there and see it once at least. It is so special. One of the thing we will unfortunately not attend this time. Have a great cruise!