Declining (?) upgrade

Kansas Gal

TA called late yesterday and said we had been upgraded on our upcoming Regal cruise. We told her we did not want it after checking location and change back to our original cabin. She called back (unfortunately talked to DH) and apparently said something like she didn't think it could be undone, she would send an e-mail. Checked personalizer this morning and we are still shown in new cabin. Can't get ahold of TA over the weekend. Anything I can do in the meantime, know Princess probably won't talk to me.

I had the same situation happen to me, although we had requested no upgrade. We are traveling with friends and chose our cabins near each other and did not want to be moved. When I first tried to contact my TA I could not get a hold of her. I then contacted Princess just to see if my original cabin was still available and it was not, now I was really feeling frustrated. I explained the situation and the Princess agent told me that since I was moved to a upgraded cabin location my travel agent could request that I get my original cabin back and they would just give the upgraded cabin to whoever had been assigned my original cabin. The princess agent said he would make a note of it but my TA still needed to call to make the change. When I did get a hold of my TA she said she would try but did not know if it could be changed. I told her I had already spoke with princess and they said that they thought they could change it back. It was the next evening that I finally saw my old cabin back on the cruise personalizer.

So I know it can be changed back, at least it was for me. Good luck! : )

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't get ahold of TA over the weekend. Anything I can do in the meantime, know Princess probably won't talk to me.
If your TA works in a large agency, perhaps someone else can help you if they're open on Saturday. If you can't get service over the weekend, my advice is to look for a new TA.

Don't just assume Princess will not speak with you in this case. I'd give them a call. Ask to speak with someone in Customer Relations if the representative who answers the phone won't assist you.

Good luck...

I'm with the above--I use a medium size, family owned agency...but they do have a agent on duty for limited hours on the weekend as well as someone on 24/7 duty for "in transit emergencies." I'd attempt to contact your agency or agent; there should be someone available OR you need to find a new agency.

I do appreciate that this is not an "emergency," but what if it were? I wouldn't want to deal with an agency that had no one to talk to me.

The department at Princess that handles these isn't in over the weekend either, so getting someone to call again today probably won't have much effect.

As long as your TA got in touch with you as soon as they received the upgrade notice and advised Princess you wanted to decline within 48 hours of the upgrade happening they should be able to get your cabin back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk