No more soda package on Princess?

I'm booked for a December Cruise on the Sea Princess and wanting to get the unlimited soda package, I went into the personaliser but I couldn't find any mention of any drinks packages at all.

So I thought, not a problem, I'll get it onboard. Then I found this:

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/princess-cruise-answer-book.pdf

Unlimited Soda & More package is not currently offered on Sun Princess, Sea Princess, or Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

Can anyone confirm that the Unlimited Soda and More Package is still available on Oz Princess cruises?

I bought a soda package onboard Diamond last February. I suppose I'll just have to give Princess a call on Monday.

But it is suspicious that I can't find it in the personaliser.

They removed all drink packages from the personalised a few months back alcohol or Soda, I think they got sick of those pricing issues, but there were lots of reports of still buying it on board, son went in April or maybe it was May they got the Soda package on board on Emerald.

just come off majestic was able to pay for soda package onboard but not online before we commenced the cruise I presume its because the the price of the oz dollar compared to usa dollar, this way they are able to move the price up if they need too

just come off majestic was able to pay for soda package onboard but not online before we commenced the cruise I presume its because the the price of the oz dollar compared to usa dollar, this way they are able to move the price up if they need too

It was said to be as a result of the glitch on the web site that thought the price was in US$ and then applying the exchange rate, when it was already in AUS$ people would buy it, get on board and be offered it for way then refunds needed to be processed it was more noticeable with the alcohol package.

At one stage the Soda package was about $7 a day, but due to this issue was online at about $11.

Table mates on the Majestic paid $8 a day and would enjoy mocktails at dinner.

Yeah I think it’s now $8.05 a day, when a Coke is $2.25 (maybe $2.50 now) a mocktail $5, for me it’s a no brainer.

They removed all drink packages from the personalised a few months back alcohol or Soda, I think they got sick of those pricing issues, but there were lots of reports of still buying it on board, son went in April or maybe it was May they got the Soda package on board on Emerald.

Apparently that quote in my first post only refers to pre-paid drinks packages and all drinks packages are available on board as per normal.