Jump to content
mandtpa

Grandeur Maintenance Cancellation

Recommended Posts

After our TA notified us on 5 Oct that our Grandeur 16 March 2019 cruise had been cancelled, the three of us called RCCL on 8 Oct to get info on the only alternate cruise they offered that suited us. This alternative would have included an additional $200 OBC. After a very long hold a very business-like and unsympathetic RCCL rep said all cabins on that sailing are sold out so the only alternative is a cabin guarantee. We don't care for the possibilities of that so we cancelled. We had booked the original on board so it included several discounts and was an excellent price plus substantial OBC. The rep did promise a return of our "non-refundable" deposit but the good price and all OBC would not transfer to a new booking and would be lost. We have cruised RCCL a lot and are Diamond level but are very disappointed with RCCL's response to their own cancellation. We hope to see our deposit returned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with any RCI interaction, call again. The on board booking OBC should transfer and you should have a price protected sailing. If you don't want to take a chance on GTY booking, that's up to you and understandable - a couple of threads on this issue already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
... so we cancelled. ...

By cancelling, you lost your on board credit from booking on board. You could have changed to any different sailing to keep that OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain. I was on that cruise, too. Unless something like this happens well before the cruise date it is often difficult to get the cabin you want.

 

I hate to say this, but it was a big mistake to wait until today to call. The 3 cruises they listed as price protected were all pretty well full. . . then a thousand or more displaced passengers started looking for cabins.

 

I called first thing Monday morning and after many calls back and forth with my TA I got a cabin. But, it was not the type of cabin I had. I am bummed, too.

 

But, the email was clear that if you cancel rather than moving your cruise to another date you would get your deposit [or any money you paid] but, that was all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I feel your pain. I was on that cruise, too. Unless something like this happens well before the cruise date it is often difficult to get the cabin you want.

 

 

 

I hate to say this, but it was a big mistake to wait until today to call. The 3 cruises they listed as price protected were all pretty well full. . . then a thousand or more displaced passengers started looking for cabins.

 

 

 

I called first thing Monday morning and after many calls back and forth with my TA I got a cabin. But, it was not the type of cabin I had. I am bummed, too.

 

 

 

But, the email was clear that if you cancel rather than moving your cruise to another date you would get your deposit [or any money you paid] but, that was all.

 

 

 

We were on another cruise until Sunday. It was the other beanies that we were loosing that has us upset. We tried to switch to another sailing, but would lose all our other discounts. When paying that kind of money, why accept something you would not be happy with in the last night run.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×