Waterproof wallets

I recently purchased two waterproof carriers large enough to hold passports, money and credit cards online from the waterproof store. They appear to have a variety of sizes and types. Ours are supposed to be good down to 30 feet but mine will never be tested below about 3 ft.

Here is the link:

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/

Garland

on our recent Liberty cruise they sold a safe surf pouch that is like a fanny pack on board. I thought about getting it for our next cruise to Tahiti in april. Instead i decided to look online at home. I should have bought it at the time though. I had to get it on ebay from England.

Like jdechter I got several for my group on Ebay. Much more reasonable than the online stores. Think I ended up paying $8 apiece for 12 which included s/h. Of course mine are just a basic clear pouch with a blue cord for neck, nothing fancy but will certainly do the trick.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=waterproof+wallet

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with this case? Do they work? Our digital camera is fairly expensive to replace but I would love to be able to use it when snorkleing or swimming with the Sting Rays. This is definitely cheaper than buying a ton of disposable waterproof cameras, but only if it really works. Let me know how you liked it and if possible, please post a link to some of the pics you took with the case on. Thanks.:)

Does anyone know where to get ta waterproof wallet I would like one for when we go snorkling or to the beach and not have to carry my purse or a ziploc bag and have to worry about my money or SS card getting wet...Someone mentioned that they have some that you can wear around your neck like a lanyard

I think you can get these at any Wal-mart or sporting goods or dive shop.

Hey - Thanks for the tip on the waterproof bags etc. We are going to be swimming a great deal and they have one that will be perfect for my digital camera.

DO yourself a favor and don't use one of them for your digital camera. Even if they don't leak (they shouldn't but you never know) the humidity is too high for the sensitive electronics.

Another poster wanted to take photos with these. Don't bother they will not work for that. A number of reasons including the plastic is not clear enough and they might leak. If you really want to use your digital to take water pics go to a dive store or an online camera shop and buy a case.

as for the camera case, humidity is not a factor, see my pics in 100 degree heat, post rain with 95% humidity. pgs 2-3-4

http://photobucket.com/albums/c207/nimbex1970/?sc=3

just fyi on the cheap cruise case, we were in belieze and the case just "opened" for some guy on our excursion. We all helped retreive his floating plastic and passports. BUY a GOOd case!

carol

Archived