Cape Liberty Bayonne - Bringing on Water

Wine-O

25 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

I know what the rules are, thank you very much.  🍷 :classic_smile:

I know in Tampa they wouldn't take it, so I had to carry it on board without an issue, but once I got on board, I noticed that they had taken it from someone as there was a case with a luggage tag mixed in with all the luggage waiting to be carried to the staterooms.  Not sure what to expect at Bayonne.

8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I know what the rules are, thank you very much.  🍷 :classic_smile:

I know in Tampa they wouldn't take it, so I had to carry it on board without an issue, but once I got on board, I noticed that they had taken it from someone as there was a case with a luggage tag mixed in with all the luggage waiting to be carried to the staterooms.  Not sure what to expect at Bayonne.

Was your Tampa sailing since the policy change?  We sailed Oasis immediately after the policy change and they were only allowing 12 bottles or cans as the policy states.  They were sending people back to their cars if they had more and confiscating the extra otherwise.  Bayonne has always been strict prior to the policy change, I would expect them to send you back to your car as they did in Port Canaveral.

13 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Was your Tampa sailing since the policy change?  We sailed Oasis immediately after the policy change and they were only allowing 12 bottles or cans as the policy states.  They were sending people back to their cars if they had more and confiscating the extra otherwise.  Bayonne has always been strict prior to the policy change, I would expect them to send you back to your car as they did in Port Canaveral.

We sailed April 2017 out of Tampa and brought on a case of water.  Not sure when this policy was changed, but I'm going for it.  The worst thing is I will have to throw away 12 bottles of water. :classic_happy: 

57 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We sailed April 2017 out of Tampa and brought on a case of water.  Not sure when this policy was changed, but I'm going for it.  The worst thing is I will have to throw away 12 bottles of water. :classic_happy: 

Keep in mind the new policy also states that the 12 bottles must be carried on, not checked.  We used to check a case in Bayonne all the time, but have not sailed since the changed policy as of 9/1/18

Are there two of you in your cabin?   If so. Your best option is probably to check in somewhat separately thru security and each take a 12 pack to carry on....  

I have been following the threads on this subject and while there is a fairly consistent reply that porters would not take the cases, there has not been any indication that they are tracking what goes into the ship for each cabin - just that each person passes the 12 bottle test...

9 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Are there two of you in your cabin?   If so. Your best option is probably to check in somewhat separately thru security and each take a 12 pack to carry on....  

I have been following the threads on this subject and while there is a fairly consistent reply that porters would not take the cases, there has not been any indication that they are tracking what goes into the ship for each cabin - just that each person passes the 12 bottle test...

We were asked if we both had 12 bottles when we boarded Oasis.  There is a thread from yesterday by weed hopper that had bottles taken away from them in Miami because they both had 12.  I tried to link but can't figure out how with the new board.

Edited by reallyitsmema