"Manage Followed Content"

3 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Just realized I can attach a file here. So here are the instructions:

New CC how to.docx

Thank you. Unfortunately, unless I've missed something I don't think there's anything in there that will change the order of threads displayed on "Manage Followed Content". All of what I have so far found seems to be pushing everyone to learning how to personalise the Activity Streams instead.

17 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Thank you. Unfortunately, unless I've missed something I don't think there's anything in there that will change the order of threads displayed on "Manage Followed Content". All of what I have so far found seems to be pushing everyone to learning how to personalise the Activity Streams instead.

Hopefully I am not misreading what you’ve said.  Have you tried:

6401349A-00FA-4C8B-B3A3-F8540A80ECA0.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

True, but under Manage Followed Content, once you have made all the selections as to how you want to be notified and saved it, you never need to go back to that page. Just bookmark your activity stream and it will be in the order you're used to.

5 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Just realized I can attach a file here. So here are the instructions:

New CC how to.docx

Thank you so much! This is great! Who knew you had to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to work CC. 😀

I have followed your instructions exactly.....so now we shall see how it works for me!

Thank you again for your efforts and sharing!!!!

22 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

Thank you so much! This is great! Who knew you had to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to work CC. 😀

I have followed your instructions exactly.....so now we shall see how it works for me!

Thank you again for your efforts and sharing!!!!

I wouldn't quite say I'm a rocket scientist, just a frustrated CC user who spent more time than I should have trying to figure out how this works! You may need to tweak some of the selections to make it work the way you want it to, but at least you'll be able to see all your threads in one place with the unread posts highlighted. :classic_smile:

7 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

True, but under Manage Followed Content, once you have made all the selections as to how you want to be notified and saved it, you never need to go back to that page. Just bookmark your activity stream and it will be in the order you're used to.

I'd done that, but as far as I can see the Activity Stream does not list subscribed forums. Hence my preference to try to use Managed Followed Content because it's a relatively easy toggle between subscribed threads and subscribed forums.

My first preference would still have been to have something corresponding to the old User CP, which also showed when a subscribed forum did or did not contain unread posts.