Beers On Our Balcony

vpearlkc

We will be cruising on the Breakaway in December In an aft suite with a huge balcony. Will it be possible to collect 3 or 4 unopened beers to enjoy while on our balcony or will we have to use the mini bar? I hate the idea of paying $8 for a beer I can get for free and no rules will be broken as only my wife and I will be drinking the beers. 

They used to sell beer buckets by the pool... something like buy 4 get the 5th free or something. Not sure if they still do that; but to answer your question yes you can purchase multiple drinks and bring them back to your room.

9 minutes ago, Mid43 said:

They used to sell beer buckets by the pool... something like buy 4 get the 5th free or something. Not sure if they still do that; but to answer your question yes you can purchase multiple drinks and bring them back to your room.

I am sure the beer buckets are not allowed with Ultimate Beverage Package.

The Bucket of Beer isn't included in the UBP, so that's not a worthwhile option any longer. You could probably take a walk through a few bars, requesting a bottled beer per person, requesting they  not open them, and stash them away in a bag until you've got the number you want to enjoy on your balcony.

Another idea is to frequent a particular bar regularly and get to know a bartender there, who might help you out with a couple extra, as long as you're not abusing the consideration.

• Like 3

If you don't use the minibar, ask your cabin steward to empty it on the first day, then whenever you're returning to your room for any reason, pick up an unopened beer and put it in the fridge.  That way you don't need to try to get a bunch all at once.

I've never had an issue getting unopened beverages upon request.  If I'm getting District beers to take to the pool or sundeck, I'd rather them be sealed to avoid possible spilling and then just open them myself. (Gotta remember a bottle opener, though.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

We will be cruising on the Breakaway in December In an aft suite with a huge balcony. Will it be possible to collect 3 or 4 unopened beers to enjoy while on our balcony or will we have to use the mini bar? I hate the idea of paying $8 for a beer I can get for free and no rules will be broken as only my wife and I will be drinking the beers. 

If you tip all week, towards the end of the cruise your bartenders will fill you a few water pitchers full of beer at 4am so you can "drink while the sun rises." 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, craigvphillips said:

If you tip all week, towards the end of the cruise your bartenders will fill you a few water pitchers full of beer at 4am so you can "drink while the sun rises." 

I usually like a bloody mary in the morning and my wife a mimosa. The beers come later. 

Maybe, maybe not.  It might depend on how daring the bartender is.  I tried to get just two unopened beers on a recent cruise at one of the bars.   The bartender said on the drink package, he couldn't give them to me unopened.  He finally said for me to take them unopened but to carry them with my hand over the mouth of the bottle so it couldn't be seen.  

52 minutes ago, vpearlkc said:

I usually like a bloody mary in the morning and my wife a mimosa. The beers come later. 

Nothing open for sunrise. The ship is a ghost town at 5am btw, the 24/7 places to eat are serving peanut butter and jelly sammiches. So you almost have to power through till breakfast.

We have been given unopened beers to take back to the room. We got to know our bartender well the first day. He found out we liked to watch movies in our room. After the 1st day of my husband running back and forth to the bar, he found us a solution. He would give us a nice (large double pour) of the alcohol of our choice, in one cup and mixer in another cup. He even sent us with limes on the side! We would order a bucket of ice and mix our own drinks during the movie. He was AWESOME! 

With the majority of people having the UBP, the attraction of getting a discount by buying a bucket has become unneeded.

I know there are some that don't have the beverage package, but obviously not enough to keep this promotion going.

Before you depart, go to the liquor store and look for a six-pack with the plastic “snap on” lids to keep them together and take the lids with you on your trip for carrying open beers back to your room. It’s a trick we use at baseball games where they have to sell beers to you open, but you don’t want to get up from your seat for that second beer. 

• Like 1