Need advice for transport options from Canda Place to Seattle Amtrak station

LGD

Apologies if this info can be found somewhere, just point me there.  

We are arriving too late on a SB Alaska cruise into Canada Place to make the train from Vancouver to Seattle (6:30ish AM train departure) and plan to catch the 4:40 PM Empire Builder train out of Seattle heading toward Glacier NP next summer.  Are there other transport options to be considered?  We are open to car rental, bus or flights.  I would appreciate any thoughts on best option with least hassle to get us to the Seattle train station.  BTW - we are familiar with both cities, but this will be our first Amtrak adventure.  TIA.  

Twice we have taken a cruise line transfer to Sea-Tac airport and then Shuttle Express to King Street Station. You could also take light rail from Sea-Tac to the transfer station adjacent to  King Street Station.

There are a several shuttle bus services that go from Canada Place to downtown Vancouver to downtown Seattle to Sea-Tac. I don't know if any of them stop anywhere near King Street Station.

Loren

Assuming you get to downtown Seattle, it would only be a quick cab ride from there to King Street Station.  I think downtown cabs is flat rate $6 (at least it was 3 years ago when we were there).  We took the train from Vancouver to Seattle before sailing out of Seattle and it was a very nice trip, but like all train travel (it seems) these days, can be delayed by several hours due to freight traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the ONLY circumstance I'd ever make the following recommendation - take an Amtrak BUS from Vancouver! If you add this on to your train ride (rebook your trip from Vancouver VAC instead of Seattle SEA Amtrak station), it means you are 'in the system' right away with Amtrak, so if their bus is delayed at the border, breaks down, hits horrendous traffic etc. it will be up to them to get you onto your train or the next one at no extra cost...

While Amtrak are very poor value compared to any other company for the Van-Sea buses (more expensive than their own train despite it being hugely more convenient and comfortable, and the oldest fleet of buses) it's still a very cheap bit of insurance to avoid any chance of a bus delay losing you your train ride. Plus, it goes right to the Seattle train station.

If you are remotely risk-tolerant though, Bolt offers a morning bus that is the opposite of Amtrak (comfiest, newest fleet and lowest prices) that stops only a couple of blocks from Seattle King St Amtrak station. The downside is the schedule is only released for booking 4-6 weeks ahead - but if you get lucky and are the first folks to book it'll cost you just $1. Regular price is more likely $20pp, but again the faster you book the lower the price!