Just booked first NCL what do I need to know

FSU Girl

I just booked the three night cruise on Epic sailing out of Barcelona for our honeymoon. We booked a Haven 2 bedroom since that’s all that was left. What should I know for our first Norwegian Cruise?

We got the specialty dining as a perk, for three nights does that mean we get to eat each night in a different restaurant? The amount of nights was unclear for the short sailing. 

The cruise ends in Rome and I’m assuming not many will be doing the short cruise since there is also a full week at the same time. So will there not be any cruise transfers into the city? Could we book an excursion and not return to the ship at the end? 

On the Epic what shows and restaurants are not to be missed? 

Thanks in advance!

You made a great choice for your honeymoon! The Haven is a private area on the ship and very nice, and usually very quiet. You have a choice of dining on the ship, from free dining rooms and several "specialty" restaurants that are a little nicer. Being in the Haven you will also have the private dining room for the Haven guests and it is pretty nice from what I hear.

On the Epic there are six or seven specialty restaurants that would be covered under your dining perk. If you guys are very flexible about dining time you can probably just book them on-board and have your Haven concierge get them for you when you meet. Read up on them and if there's one you especially want to go to you should reserve it ahead of time on the NCL site. 

10 hours ago, fshagan said:

You made a great choice for your honeymoon! The Haven is a private area on the ship and very nice, and usually very quiet. You have a choice of dining on the ship, from free dining rooms and several "specialty" restaurants that are a little nicer. Being in the Haven you will also have the private dining room for the Haven guests and it is pretty nice from what I hear.

On the Epic there are six or seven specialty restaurants that would be covered under your dining perk. If you guys are very flexible about dining time you can probably just book them on-board and have your Haven concierge get them for you when you meet. Read up on them and if there's one you especially want to go to you should reserve it ahead of time on the NCL site. 

Thank you! I'm really excited for the trip 🙂

The Haven is incredible!  We did a seven-day last month on the Getaway and the service, food, accommodations, etc were awesome.  We have already booked the same cabin for a ten-day out of Rome in 2020.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FSU Girl said:

I just booked the three night cruise on Epic sailing out of Barcelona for our honeymoon. We booked a Haven 2 bedroom since that’s all that was left. What should I know for our first Norwegian Cruise?

We got the specialty dining as a perk, for three nights does that mean we get to eat each night in a different restaurant? The amount of nights was unclear for the short sailing. 

The cruise ends in Rome and I’m assuming not many will be doing the short cruise since there is also a full week at the same time. So will there not be any cruise transfers into the city? Could we book an excursion and not return to the ship at the end? 

On the Epic what shows and restaurants are not to be missed? 

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!  

The Epic is a fun ship. We have sailed on her 6 times. 

On our last Epic cruise, we had a 2 BR forward facing Haven room on the Epic. Beautiful forward facing views with a solarium (enclosed) balcony. 

The Epic has the best Haven in the NCL Fleet. It also has the best Thermal Suite (if you are spa people). 

For a 3 night SDP, we would pick Cagney's Steakhouse, Tappanyaki Japanese grill, and Moderno Brazilian BBQ. 

BUT,,, Don't miss out eating in the Haven Restaurant!

Rome is an embarkation port for that itinerary, so there are usually disembarkation tours ending at the airport. 

P1020748.JPG

P1020747.JPG

P1020754.JPG

P1020753.JPG

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Congratulations!  

The Epic is a fun ship. We have sailed on her 6 times. 

On our last Epic cruise, we had a 2 BR forward facing Haven room on the Epic. Beautiful forward facing views with a solarium (enclosed) balcony. 

The Epic has the best Haven in the NCL Fleet. It also has the best Thermal Suite (if you are spa people). 

For a 3 night SDP, we would pick Cagney's Steakhouse, Tappanyaki Japanese grill, and Moderno Brazilian BBQ. 

BUT,,, Don't miss out eating in the Haven Restaurant!

Rome is an embarkation port for that itinerary, so there are usually disembarkation tours ending at the airport. 

P1020748.JPG

P1020747.JPG

P1020754.JPG

P1020753.JPG

These pictures are awesome! I think our room isn't consider all the way forward we are closer to the middle. I wasn't sure how the debarking day will be since there is also a 7 night cruise leaving the same day. I think the three day is there to not leave empty rooms for the first part before the Rome port boards. We won't be heading to the airport so we'll probably book a car to get us. 

Thank you for the restaurant recommendations! Is the Haven restaurant open for lunch? We could go there on the sea day.