Italy (Venice - The Epic Sailaway)

Cruzer Two

3 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I really want to do that.  I know that ships are causing environmental damage so that it has to stop.  I was hoping to go next spring but have to wait. Feel guilty about wanting to do it.

It’s an amazing sail away, one of the best in the world. Do it while you can.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2018 at 6:56 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

I really want to do that.  I know that ships are causing environmental damage so that it has to stop.  I was hoping to go next spring but have to wait. Feel guilty about wanting to do it.

Regarding Venice i can tell you that only approx 5 to 10 % of the damage to the City are caused by the cruise ships.

90 to 95 % of the damage are caused by all the other boats(like water busses,water taxis,private boats,private excoursion operator ships) So even if all cruise shipes are completely banned the damage will continue.

So you don`t need to feel that guilty about the damage to the City itself.

The bigger problem is the air quality.It is not really good and that is caused to at least 50 % by the cruise ships.

But the bad air is not causing that much damage to the buildings as all the experts thought during the last decades.

Until the new canal/port is ready to be used it will be at least 3-4 more years.SO you still have some time to do it and enjoy one of the best sail aways on earth.