Canvas by U

tupperstamper

1 hour ago, sunsetsoon said:

$35.

Correct. And sunsetsoon (my mom) took all 4 classes on our recent Bliss cruise. I took the last one with her. It was lots of fun and our instructor, Alex, was great. He was heading home (Romania) after our cruise. Not sure when/if he'll be back on the Bliss but he got a Hero Card from both Mom and me.

Edited by Aprille

27 minutes ago, StormiB said:

Oh very cool. Great job and it looks like fun! Do you sign up for these in advance or once onsite? Do they fill up? Are kids allowed? So many questions...sorry 🙂

You sign up once you get on board. Classes fill up quickly. There are only 12 or 15 slots available per class. 

Not sure about kids. How old? There were no kids in any of our classes (except 60 year old me with my 88 year old mom - lol). 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aprille said:

You sign up once you get on board. Classes fill up quickly. There are only 12 or 15 slots available per class. 

Not sure about kids. How old? There were no kids in any of our classes (except 60 year old me with my 88 year old mom - lol). 

Daughter is 15. She's more adult than I usually am 😉

43 minutes ago, Sunset Lover 1971 said:

My daughter and I did this on the Getaway in July. She was 16 at the time and there were a few participants younger than her in our class. Enjoy!

Thanks so much! I think we will try and sign up as soon as we board. Do you know what the painting is at the time of sign up? 

We do Canvas by U every few sailings - my 9 yo loves it, and hubby and I have a blast. 

We now have a collection of terrible, terrible paintings that give us great joy - every time we see them it reminds us of a specific trip and moment in time.

Note that on the Escape Bermuda trips, the classes were oddly at night at 1730 -  most ships have the classes in the morning. Not sure about the Bliss, but looking forward to finding out next November!

Worth every penny! Amy

48 minutes ago, StormiB said:

Thanks so much! I think we will try and sign up as soon as we board. Do you know what the painting is at the time of sign up? 

Yes, when you sign up you will see samples of all of the paintings along the counter. That's how it was on the Getaway and I would think all ships display samples. 

5 hours ago, StormiB said:

Yes. We did 3 of the 4 on the Bliss. Sign up as soon as you embark at the Bliss Theater box office, Deck 7 for award, starboard side. You sign up for a specific painting. Watch the time for conflicts, some are done while you are still in port on some itineraries. There were long standby lists on our cruise b

2 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

If DW signs up would I be allowed to attend and keep her company ? I'm not interested in painting. Would love to just hang out and observe.

Yes. You can hang out and observe. I did (and took a few pictures) during my mom's first 3 classes. As long as you're not disrupting the class, no problem. 

13 hours ago, Aprille said:

Yes. You can hang out and observe. I did (and took a few pictures) during my mom's first 3 classes. As long as you're not disrupting the class, no problem. 

Thanks for the info..I'll be quiet as a church mouse..lol

It seems like the Canvas 4 U is a popular offering, but not sure if on all ships - 

This was my (then) yo's masterpiece - I think it's supposed to be the Simpsons' TV characters. Hubby and I painted trees and sunsets - sadly...not much better. We laughed our asses off though - there wasn't a person there who didn't have an amazing time. 

Amy

DSCN3661.JPG

• Like 1