Adventure Deck 12 New Cabins feedback?

We have booked 1868 on Adventure in the new cabins on deck 12.  Interested in any feedback, opinions like noise level. traffic, view, location, effects of the sun deck above, what happened to the jogging track that I think used to been the area occupy by cabins, etc.  thanks. 

8 hours ago, bryanjaync said:

We have booked 1868 on Adventure in the new cabins on deck 12.  Interested in any feedback, opinions like noise level. traffic, view, location, effects of the sun deck above, what happened to the jogging track that I think used to been the area occupy by cabins, etc.  thanks. 

The jogging track was re-routed aft of the new staterooms, so it's shorter now than it used to be.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a few pics of Indy # 1816 if I can figure out how to post them.  Our room was starboard just before the curve where the two large corner cabins are (one each side).  The windows are floor to ceiling and cant out at the top letting you see down.  The rooms on each side adjacent to the large corner rooms are slightly larger than the others.  From the hallway it looks like about 5 feet longer but no wider.  Double closet plus a closet next to it with shelves.  The room steward routinely closed the daylight curtains.  Even when I opened them I never got any heat from the sun like I thought.  I have been in Interior Virtual Balcony, Promenade room, balconies, and junior suites.  Never an ocean view so I don't know how to compare to that.  We found we never are really on our balcony but when in the room, like the extra space.  I did find myself a few times wishing there was a balcony to get a better view but we both liked it a lot.  We would definitely do one again.  

The room was large and roomy.  Great views.  Super handy.  Walk up one level from the pool deck.  Noise.  Well, first night I notice a lot of creaking and moaning from the ship.  These rooms were tacked on after it was built so aren't quite "one" with the ship.  It was really rough the first night so that might have contributed.  Didn't really notice it the other nights.  I did once hear a "thud" followed by "brrrrrrrr" and asked DH what it was.  We figured out someone hit the ball off the golf course and it hit the deck and rolled.  The construction is all new so the rooms are more updated (possibly depending on the ship) than the other rooms I have been in.    

We had a deck 12 cabin on Freedom that has a similar location and design. Loved the location but did have some issues with moving deck chairs at 4am. Complained a few times and they finally stopped the early morning chair shuffle. The annoying thing about it was they did not open the upper deck until about noon. It was roped off before then. The location was great being able to walk out the door to the solarium.

Just got off Adventure on Sunday. This is room 1864. It was a corner room and quite huge for a regular stateroom! The view is absolutely incredible. We would just lay on the bed looking out at the sea or whatever happened to be out the windows. I think the regular sized panoramic rooms will have two of the window panels instead of the 5 you see here.  In this stateroom, the TV is on a center wall that swivels so you can watch tv in bed or in the sitting area.  This was nice to let the kids have something one while the adults lounged on the other side of the wall!

The sun deck is above the rooms and people grabbing and moving loungers made some noise. And one night I think a crew member was stacking them back together and it was quite loud for about 10 mins. Other than that, peaceful.

If I were to be a little critical, this particular room had a very small closet for 4 people. The bathroom is pretty small too and our water pressure seemed low, even by ship standards. Finally, I have to say, being a new room on an old ship, I thought they'd at least have added power outlets or USB ports bedside, but there were only 2 plugs by the dressing mirror. Our attendant provided an extension cord with three outlets to help us keep stuff charged. 

To summarize - yes we've been looking at various cruises trying to find these rooms! They go fast! I don't know how we lucked into 1864, as it's the first to go I'm sure, and we didn't book this until just 6 months before departure. Someone must have cancelled just before we booked.

IMG_20181110_120327.jpg

IMG_20181110_120425.jpg

IMG_20181110_184956.jpg