Prebooking restaurants 120 days in advance...but exactly what time?

Lydia B.

Thanks for the help. I was online exactly at midnight and indeed was able to book everything I needed. 

The only weird glitch was there were no specialty restaurants taking bookings for Wednesday night of the cruise. That that was a bit odd, but by the next day they were taking reservations. 

Now have to find other things to feed my Cruise addiction!

I am not sure about the payment part but, it would be very simple to find out.  Go to NCL.com then into vacation summery. Find explore, then click on dining, then choose a restaurant, it will tell you if you are within 120 days and if you can make a reservation. 

Keep in mind if you choose dining as one of your “freebies” then you will not have a charge when you pick them  (unless you choose Ocean Club, that was a $12 upcharge that you have to pay for when you book). 

IF you don’t have a freebie package you can choose the Ala Cart restaurants and you won’t have a fee, they dont know what you are going to order. But if you don’t have a freebie and choose a flat fee restaurant like the Brazilian place you will be charged when you book.  

Also keep in mind that folks say only a PORTION of the reservations are opened in advance so you probably would still be able to get in. 

I just want to plan our week in advance. Lydia

14 hours ago, timf2001 said:

Are you allowed to make reservations at 120 days if you haven't made final payment yet?  My cruise next year is grandfathered in at 90 days and I'm not sure if that will cause difficulties.

I have never been at final payment when making bookings, as our final payment date is only a couple of months out. Never been a problem.

Of course, that may be specific to different countries. However, your question has been asked quite a few times since the change to 120 days and I haven’t seen anyone report having trouble.

Almost certainly there is no link made by the restaurant booking system to payment status.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, timf2001 said:

Are you allowed to make reservations at 120 days if you haven't made final payment yet?  My cruise next year is grandfathered in at 90 days and I'm not sure if that will cause difficulties.

Yes! Our final payment date was 90 days before our August 2018 cruise. But they had already changed to 120 days for reservations/final payment for newer bookings. I was able to make reservations at 120 days (opened at midnight EST) even thought final payment date was still 30 days away.