last post to first read

7 hours ago, retird said:

When I go to a forum I have tried the blue button, but it takes me to the last post on the thread not to the last thread I read.  

When you click the blue dot, it will take you to the first unread post in that thread. If it's taking you to the last post in the thread, that's because you have read all of the posts before that last one.

The blue dot (and similar functions on any other IBB) will never take you to a different thread from the one that the blue dot relates to. I don't know how you can expect to click the blue dot next to a thread, and be taken to a different thread even if it was the last thread that you read.

10 hours ago, retird said:

I belong to a few other non cruise forums and when I click on a thread it will take me too the last page I read during my last visit to that forum.     On this forum, if you are going to a thread that has several hundred posts, it is very frustrating to always start at post number one.       The old forum gave you the option when you opened a thread to select to go to last read.     Surely it is not that difficult for the forum developers to include that option.          I know for me personally , if it stays this way, my visits to the forum will be curtailed significantly.   Jmo

Didn't old CC work the same way?  Clicking on the thread title would take you to page 1.  Clicking the icon to the left of the thread name would take you to the first unread, right?  This really is that different.

I frequent many other forums also.  Some have you click the thread name, some have you click an icon to get to the first unread.  I'll admit I prefer just clicking on the thread name, but it's not unusual for me to have to click an icon.